Very Sad News

Started by YellowJacket!, May 08, 2005, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Dear Friends,

My brother and his wife were expecting their second child next week.  The pregnancy had gone very well, but on Friday, my sister-in-law and her husband went to the doctor for a final check up.  First, they discovered that the baby was in the breech position, so the practitioner tried to reposition the baby.  I took a while and was somewhat painful, but they were allowed to go home.  Later that night Keri felt like something was just not right, so she called the doctor and was told to go immediately to the hospital.  Upon arrival, Greg (my brother) and Keri recieved the terrible news that the doctor could not detect a heartbeat.  An ultrasound was performed which confirmed the terrible news that the baby had died.  All was well a week ago at the last checkup and the doctor felt that it had died in the last 24 hours.  Labor was induced the following day and Keri gave birth to a stillborn baby girl.  To my brothers horror, he saw the umbilical cord wrapped around her tiny neck.  It turned out that the cord was wrapped around the babys neck four times.  They were allowed to hold Grace Marie for a while and were allowed to come home yesterday.
This whole thing has hit us all pretty hard, my mother, it seems, moreso than anyone else.  It is always so very difficult to lose a child, particularly one that is so close to being born.

Please keep my brother Greg, his wife Keri and the rest of my family in your thoughts.

Sincerely,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Wayne

David- Sometime-There are not any words in the spoken language that are appropiate. My prayers are with you and your family.

Lucky

It seems it's been a tough couple of weeks all around. ?3 weeks ago a 12 year old boy on my sons little league team passed away suddenly, and last week we lost a favorite aunt.

Draw strength from your family & friends & god bless.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

David -

My thoughts & prayrers are with you, your mother, Greg, Keri, Grace Marie & the rest of your family.  I wish you all the best.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Dave,
I have no words.  My thoughts are with you.  If I ride today, it will be dedicated to your family.

~Chris Froeschl

louthepou

Man, that kicks me in the head.

You and your loved ones are in my thoughts. As a good friend of mine told me a few years ago when a family member lost his fight against cancer: sometimes, life just sucks.

Hang in there.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Mashby

My heart and prayers are with your Family.

YellowJacket!

Dear Friends,

I have only known you all for a few short weeks and your outpouring of support was tremendously uplifting.  Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and sympathy that you expressed to me on behalf of my family.  Words can not express hou much better you made me feel.  The world is a better place with people like you.   :)

Sincerely,

David

hfarley

David,
Even though I do not personally know you, I understand that this is a very sad time for you and your family.I offer my condolences and hope that they are able to get through this trying time with the help of their friends and relatives.  Please pass this poem on to your brother and his wife in hopes that it may help them to mend their sorrow.

When You feel Lonely
When a person you love passes away
Look to the night sky on a clear day.
The star that to you, appears to be bright,
Will be your loved one,
Looking upon you during the night.
The lights of heaven are what shows through
As your loved one watches all that you do.
When you feel lonely for the one that you love,
Look to the Heavens in the night sky above.

Author unknown [/b][/i]

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

Thank you Heather (and everyone else too).  That was very nice of you.

I plan on sharing this with my brother and wife in a couple weeks when they come down here.

David