Saddlebags / luggage questions

Started by dchakrab, May 08, 2005, 01:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dchakrab

Does anyone know which bags these are:

(That's from the Vision gallery on this site)

...I think that bike looks amazing. Lucky, can you tell me which bags those are on your bike as well?

I'm twiddling my thumbs while waiting for answers in another thread, so I thought I might as well dream about future Vision toys to save for...

In general, what kinds of luggage will fit the vision, and what would I need to add / subtract to add luggage? Are there only a few specific types/models that will work, or is it more generic?

-Dave.
Dave's Blog on community technology, Drupal, website development, and nonprofit SEO.

Project Manager at the Chicago Technology Coop, focusing on nonprofit web development.

MotorPlow

I believe those are GIVI Saddle Bags. http://www.giviusa.com/
They sell a universal mounting system, but don't know what that means in terms of the vision.  I know that a friend of mine has GIVIs on his BMW K-Bike.  GIVI told him that they don't sell a mounting system for his K-Bike as it had been discontinued.  He ordered the bags with the universal mounting system and it fit, without any modification.  So,.... Maybe the same thing might happen with the Vision, who knows?

Chris F.

Lucky

The bags on my bike were made by Shoie, and as far as i can tell are no longer made. I bought them from Blake who tells me they were once mounted on Visions used by the D.C. park police.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black