World's fastest motorcycle for sale!

Started by Tiffanator, December 13, 2007, 08:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiffanator

And its only 61cc's! Dang... that is a major hp to cc ratio its got going if its beating a Hyabusa at 1300cc's.
World's Fastest Production Motorcycle
I'm not quite sure what to make of this... anyone?

edit... fixed!
Tiffanator
First time restorer

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

If thats the fastest production motorcycle in the world, i will eat my hat.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiffanator

Note to self... always check linky before posting. Thanks kwells.. fixed now.
Inane... are you wearing a hat?
Perhaps its 61cc PER CYLINDER?  ??? And wouldn't such a bike be much more than.. uh.. 5100 bucks?
Tiffanator
First time restorer

YellowJacket!

Its the pedal power that makes it faster.

I'll bet if it was SILVER it would be even faster!

I emailed him to ask if he had an 80cc version too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Tanno

He only stated one fact correctly. It is the world's fastest production bike.

Quote from: Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#F4_750_SennaF4 R 312
     This is a new model F4 scheduled for release in 2007. It is identical to the F4 1000 R except for a a slightly more powerful engine (+9 hp for 183 hp (136 kW) or 134 kW total, 115 Nm torque) with 30 mm titanium intake valves, modified camshafts and 48 mm throttle bodies. F4 R 312 name is a reference to the bikes claimed top speed of 312 km/h (194 mph) making it the fastest production bike at the time. In August of 2007, the 312R set the new Land Speed Record at Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah for the fastest Production Motorcyle in the world, averaging 311.53 km/h, over the long course, which is 7 miles (11 km) long. The top speed achieved durring the run was over 314 km/h, which was achieved at mile marker number 4. The speed record is determined by averaging the speed of the entire length of the course.

Quote from: Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#F4_750_Senna

Model         Year    Displacement           Power1@RPM                     Torque²@RPM        Redline(RPM)       Dry Weight(lb)        MSRP($USD)
  R 312        2007         998 cc      183 PS (134 kW) @12,400         115 N·m @10,000          13,000                423.3                  $24,995

This thing is quite the speed deamon! Maybe someone could talk him down on the price.... he may not know what he has aside from someone telling him that it's the fastest bike in production. Everything else he may just be clueless on.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

inanecathode

Kawasaki zx-14, and the suzuki hayabusa are both faster, 300km/h 320km/h respectively. I say the former is faster because it suffers an electronic restrictor plate the f4 r 312 does not ;)
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

YellowJacket!

I emaled the seller and he responded with his thanks. 

Quote: Dear davetn,

Yes, you are correct. It is actually 998 CC's or 61 Cubic Inches. Thanks for letting us know.

- emiller013

;D

David

Tiffanator

I thought he might mean 61 CI... but he put CC... oh well. I was going to do the conversation but was lazy. He's still wrong about it being the fastest production motorcycle... the hayabusa has that beat. You could probably find a vid on youtube.  Actually... just found it. 200.2mph stock on a 1999.
Personally I would be leaving a little streak of "turbo fluid" behind me going that fast on 2 wheels... and I have someone at the end of the run waiting with a change of undies.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

kwells

just think that was back in 99.

I think u may want to take a look at this badboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGy-A68_vY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efID00W3F7I&feature=related

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiffanator

Quote from: kwells on December 14, 2007, 11:48:32 AM
just think that was back in 99.

I think u may want to take a look at this badboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGy-A68_vY&feature=related

That gives a WHOLE new meaning to the term "Crotch Rocket"  :o  People are insane... keeps life interesting.
Those super fast bikes like that are cool and all... but going fast in a straight line is boring and easy.. I want to chew up the very tippy edges of my tire... now THATS fun.
Tiffanator
First time restorer

kwells

hanging on at 250mph is probably not very boring...but I'm with you.

I like melting tires all the way to the edge.

www.wellsmoto.com

YellowJacket!

It raises the bar on the Loud Pipes theory.  :o

David

Aelwulf

Reminds me of the YouTube type vids I saw of some guys in Germany or somewhere in Europe doing roughly passing the car of the person with the camera at decent speed doing wheelies and blowing past 'em.  Camera on the bike(s) showed 150MPH+.  That stuff is just askin' for instant obliteration, if I get toasted I'd at least like the fun of a few flips before my neck's broken. :P Someone on another forum mentioned catching the front edge of a snowboard is similar to high-siding, in that case I've done a few of those and the flips are definitely the fun part of it. ::)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tanno

Quote from: kwells on December 14, 2007, 12:16:47 PM
hanging on at 250mph is probably not very boring...but I'm with you.

I like melting tires all the way to the edge.

This reminds me of a fellow ROV member's riding style. He goes by the initials of Ron_McCoy.  :D
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown