News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Kuryakn Battery Meter Upgrade

Started by YellowJacket!, October 01, 2011, 12:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Well, my Aerostitch battery/temp/clock display lived thru a few too many rainstorms - so much for being "weatherproof".  In any event, it had always been reading high on the voltage while I was riding leading me to think that I had a problem with my R/R.  After temporarily hooking up a DVM and comparing the two, I discovered that the Aerostitch was quite inaccurate and in fact, my R/R and Stator output were quite smooth.

While I like the Aerostitch because of the digital readout as wel as the clock, I never really used the temp display.  Since upgrading to the digital gauges, I gained another clock as well.  Also,since the Aerostitch has a continuous display, I felt that it may have been a source of battery drain while the bike was parked for a while and off the batery tender.

So, since the Aerostitch was no loger accurate, I decided to go searching and came up with a nice LED indicator from Kuryakn that seems to blend well with my dash and is quite visible even in bright sunlight. Another thing that I like is that it is even easy to read even with my polarized sunglasses or visor.  It seems that the display on the Aerostitch was also polarized since the display would often "disappear" if I looked at it just right while wearing my sunglasses or thru my visor.

Here's some pics of the new "upgrade".

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

QBS

Regarding the use of polarized sunglasses:  I used to ride with them exclusively, until I realized that they remove the glare/reflection of road surface water, ice, and highly polished/slick asphalt areas.  Think about how valuable that data can be.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: QBS on October 01, 2011, 01:07:26 PM
Regarding the use of polarized sunglasses:  I used to ride with them exclusively, until I realized that they remove the glare/reflection of road surface water, ice, and highly polished/slick asphalt areas.  Think about how valuable that data can be.

Thanks,  Thats an extremely good and important point.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)