News:

Main Menu

flat tires

Started by yankeetrader, October 11, 2005, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrader

Pulled the vision out after long sleep and has flat tires. Are they tubeless? and i have a small compressor but they seem not to pump up. Any trick? Are the original tires even safe even if they look in great condition.

squid

I believe the tires are tubeless, and that would explain why a small compressor wont inflate the tires,, you need volume, and the only way to get it is to get some shop air. although the tires look good,,,,chances are the rubber is old and hard,,not a fun ride and not exactly safe,, no sticky to the road

Rolle

Hello!

This is a trick they use on Island, if there crosscountrycars get a flat tyre, and those tyres ar big. they put gas from a cigaret lighter or por som gasoline inside the tyre and then throw a burning match inside.? KABOOOOOM ;D. And there is a tyre to drivearound on again. Maby not for the bike, but anyway.....................go for the shop air is my advice....

Roland...........

Take care and be safe on the roads!

Superfly

They can be Tubed or Tubeless.   My guess is that you have tubeless tires on there, and you broke the bead, which is causing them not to inflate.  If they have been sitting for a while (flat) they tend to crack on the sides (making them very unsafe).  If there are any questions, take them off and take them to a shop.  Don't forget, we only have 2 connection points to the ground, and they both are the tires, so make sure that they are in great shape.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.