News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Shark Fairing: How do you mount it?

Started by YellowJacket!, May 24, 2006, 08:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

If I can remember I'll try to find some pics myself

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Tiger

Quote from: Dibble on July 18, 2008, 11:29:09 AM
...but not the two side brackets.
[/b]

:-[ Sorry Dibble, I thought I gave you them. I'll bring them with me on Sunday...unless you want to pick them up today/Saturday, so you can fit it for the ride ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Dibble

No problem Tiger. I know we talked about the lower bracket, that by chance came on my North Bay V, but we never discussed the side brackets. I didn't even know they existed until today. See you Sunday!!!!

YellowJacket!

I think I took some pics.  I'll have to look. I have about 2000 pics of my restore project though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Just as an additional FYI, the upper mounts attach to the headlight mount bracket - in the same place where the turn signals mount.  The turn signals are relocated to the outer holes on the lower bracket.  There were some extension wires for the turn signals supplied with the OEM hardware, but they are easily fabricated as well.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

I get nylon hardware at my local ACE hardware. 
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

67GTO

Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man(Lucky) :)
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 18, 2008, 09:03:32 PM
I think I took some pics.  I'll have to look. I have about 2000 pics of my restore project though.

If you want to make them available, sort of like I have, let me know.  We can work out an arrangement.

Brian

kwells

Here you go...
I dug out my instructions and took pics.  Hope you can make it out.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

pay close attention the the CAUTION at the bottom of the page...

IF YOU ATTEMPT TO LOOK THRU THE WINDSHIELD WHILE RIDING, YOUR VISION MAY BE DISTORTED

once you distort your Vision.... you're pretty much fooked... so don't try it   ;)

if you can't read all the text... go here: http://www.ridersofvision.net/Technical/sport_fairing_install.pdf
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Rick G

Quote from: 67GTO on July 19, 2008, 09:17:56 AM
But lucky isn't half as cute as Connie Stevens, or even the gal behind the counter at my local store!
Rick G
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Lucky

Quote from: 67GTO on July 19, 2008, 09:17:56 AM

Not this week, i'm on VACATION! :)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Rick G

Ya , but your not going to be any cuter when you get back!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rick G

YellowJacket!

h2olawyer

David -

Those upper mounts should be inside the headlight ears (according to the instructions).   ;D  Don't know if it makes much difference, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on July 20, 2008, 11:06:49 PM
David -

Those upper mounts should be inside the headlight ears (according to the instructions).   ;D  Don't know if it makes much difference, though.

H2O

LOL!  YOur kidding, right....

No, I know you are not.

That makes sense now as the fairing is a tight bugger to get on.  The ears on teh inside of the bracket now makes much more sense.  THanks for the avice H2O.  Thats now on my list of things to do.

1. change oil
2. fix brackets
3.replace plug wires
4. Paint swing arm black
5. replace 82 monoshock with 83 while swingarm is off.

Did I say something about being almost done a few psots back?  LOL.  A Vision is never done.  ;D

Thanks for the tip! ;D

David

Lucky

Quote from: YellowJacket! on July 21, 2008, 05:45:23 AM
Quote from: h2olawyer on July 20, 2008, 11:06:49 PM
David -

Those upper mounts should be inside the headlight ears (according to the instructions).   ;D  Don't know if it makes much difference, though.

H2O

LOL!  YOur kidding, right....

No, I know you are not.

That makes sense now as the fairing is a tight bugger to get on.  The ears on teh inside of the bracket now makes much more sense.  THanks for the avice H2O.  Thats now on my list of things to do.

1. change oil
2. fix brackets
3.replace plug wires
4. Paint swing arm black
5. replace 82 monoshock with 83 while swingarm is off.

Did I say something about being almost done a few psots back?  LOL.  A Vision is never done.  ;D

Thanks for the tip! ;D

David

& umm CHANGE THE FRIKIN BRAKE BAR BOLTS!!

Brian Moffet

I think I heard lucky say something, but I'm not sure what it was...  ???

h2olawyer

I have to scroll fast past Lucky's post - or my ears hurt!   ;D

Um, David - you might want to change those brake bar bolts.   ;)

H2O

Lucky

it's not my fault, i have Macs...  ;D