News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Interresting URL about Alternators like Visions

Started by ofstone, May 03, 2004, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofstone

I found this URL during a search about R/R s and it looks much like this guy really know what he is talking about.
It is about the same as the vision system.
The guy even has made some X-ray pictures from the internal of a R/R like we are using.

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/VoltageRectifierFAQ.htm

Dave T.

I have read that before. They added the x-ray too since I read it. NEATO! I took one apart that looked exactly the same. I still have another bad one I may saw off the heat sink. That potting epoxy is like ROCK. Very hard stuff. From what I seen, those components are BARE MINIMUM in quality and cheaply made.

Everyone here with any interest in it should read the whole thing. Good stuff.
Life is special; and I believe you can overcome it's biggest obstacle, yourself. ;)

QBS

A Must Read for a Vnaries.  These guys have gone where we haven't even dreamed of.  A long read but very worthwhile read.  To me, based on a quick scan, it seems that hardwiring the R/R connectors and moving the R/R to a foot peg location is about the best we can.

They did talk about directly connecting their "green" wireto the battery for better communication beween the R/R and the battery regarding the batterys' needs.  This might be the same as our "brown" wire.  I don't know enough about our set up to comment beyond that.  However, if our systems are similar enough to theirs, then that idea might be another thing we can do to help ourselves.  I hope that other, more eletrically knowledgable, Vnaries will investigatigate this and comment.

BTW, where is this brown wire, and does it go to ground or hot?

Cheers.

admin

Excellent link.
I agree with qbs it is a must read.
qbs, similar is not the word, it is the exact same stator.
for those of you who have not had a chance to review it, it is about a bmw that has some charging system issues along with comments from various owners.
one thing I found interesting was the experience they had with electrex, especially after a regulator failed...

-Ron