News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Old age

Started by QBS, August 09, 2010, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

Seems like more and more Vnaries are experiencing age related fuel issues.  Petcocks, fuel pumps, throttle shaft seals, and carb manifolds.  The good news is that with the possible exception of throttle shaft seals, the rest of the problems can be worked around or rebuilt.  New Vnaries need to be aware of these issues and fixes.  Otherwise, they'll end up chasing gremlin ghosts.

Rikugun

I, for one, am hoping throttle shaft seals are not the exception!  ;)
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Lucky

see my other post....there is always a way, just depends on money, lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

akvision

Yeah, Q,,
Old age is really trying to slow me down..
I moved over to the other brand.  Sometimes called "old guys machines" 8)
1960 BMW R-50 "Hanz" reborn April 24, 2009 , Ketchikan
1982 "V" AKBluv, Denver, traded for BMW R1100S
1977 BMW R75/7, "Gertie"
1977 BMW R75/7, Green Lantern Cafe Project
Deep In the INSIDE PASSAGE, Alaska

YellowJacket!

Its funny... the "old age" thread and "stumbling and backfiring" threads have been one above the other for the last several days.  Is that a coincidence?  8)

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

QBS

Rikugun

I'm not sure which old age symptoms are harder to deal with - mine or the bike's.   :-\
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

Re-Vision

I can assure you that the old bike symptoms are easier to deal with than an old mans. I can't find anyone to overhaul me.    BDC