News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Look at that young man on his nice Honda!

Started by don_vanecek, February 02, 2010, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don_vanecek

Yeah, I was young once and those were nice rides back in their time, wish I still had it but it was getting pretty ratty by the time I traded it in on the Vision.  Now, can you spot the two items on that 1970 350 Honda that is not correct to the bike??  This picture is from 1974, I recently had some old pictures converted from negatives to a CD. 

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

don_vanecek

They are sort of off color aren't they, the two items are how the bike is set up however.

don_vanecek

here's another picture, the wife would probably hurt me if she knew I put posted this (yeah, well she would kill if she know how much money I've put into the Vision also!) 

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Re-Vision

Don't remember the bars on my 350 but the scrambler exhaust wasn't on my street bike.  It was a good bike though.   BDC

don_vanecek

You two are both right, this was the CB model with straight low pipes and less wide unbraced bar. The original pipes were already rotting away on me when I bought the bike in the fall of 1971 and I liked the feel of the CL bars and switched them. Now call it a scrambler, well you could kind of take it out on cow paths, you won't smash the pipes up but don't follow the guys on their DT-250 and 350 Yamaha's, you could soon get in big trouble. But I didn't care, I was thrilled to find an exhaust replacement for I think about $20.00-that it was the CL pipes was just an added bonus.

Good old bikes, well yes and no. The 350 twin Honda's were certainly good bikes to learn on, dependable motors-albut more maintenance intensive then our Vision's, a good power band and you could hit 80-85 mph on them. However I don't remember thinking of the 350 as a long distance mount. Lots of engine vibration and I think 75 mph equaled about 7500+ rpms, poor brakes, seat, suspension, tires-but you know as a young man of 21 in 1971, I was thrilled when one of my friends sold me that bike for $500.00-it was a real motorcycle, you could drive it anywhere and  I put about 15000 miles on it before trading it in on the Vision in 1984 (but it wasn't ran much the last couple of years I had it).