News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

What Color Should I paint My V?

Started by YellowJacket!, August 17, 2005, 10:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

Ok, sounds like a stupid question, but I'm open for suggestions.
Frame is flat/low gloss black.  Tank is primer gray and plastics (were originally burgundy) are black.   dont want to go for graphics or fades, just regular colors.
So, bring it on and post me some pics too if you like.

Thanks,

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

silicon_toad2000

nothing like a bright canary yellow for that "peek a boo" "here I am" look on the road, since that has been done, how about a kermit job in flourescent green.
You've just got to ask yourself, "Am I cool enough to get away with fluro green??"
You're a visionary so you're definately mad enough!
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

QBS

If I ever need to paint my '83 it will be BMW Henna Red.  Cheers

hfarley

Depending on how you are going to paint your V, what about those chameleon colrs. This way it goes on pretty much like a regular color but changes in the light. If I paint my V that is probably what I will do.
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

ProfessorRex

I think well all know that only one color is inherently superior to all other colors:

Periwinkle Blue!

Seriously though, my bike is Buell dark silver, and you can check with H20, silver visions are way cooler than black ones, and faster, and they have no stumble and our stators last forever... (Lucky, accept the truth!)  8)
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

h2olawyer

Quote from: ProfessorRex on August 18, 2005, 01:29:05 PM
Seriously though, my bike is Buell dark silver, and you can check with H20, silver visions are way cooler than black ones, and faster, and they have no stumble and our stators last forever... (Lucky, accept the truth!)? 8)

While I agree with the Silver being faster  ;D , I can't agree with  the stators lasting forever, since I got just about 1,000 miles on my last one.   ::)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

crackerkorean

If you are really secure in your manhood pink is always an option. ;D

Superfly

Black is a good color for this bike.  But it is the secondary color that makes the paintjob!!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

it won't look cool when i knock you off the road, lol (kidding, i'd never do that...?)  :D

Quote from: ProfessorRex on August 18, 2005, 01:29:05 PM

Seriously though, my bike is Buell dark silver, and you can check with H20, silver visions are way cooler than black ones, and faster, and they have no stumble and our stators last forever... (Lucky, accept the truth!) 8)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Sable

I'd like to see one in Yamaha Blue.. I didn't look too hard to find that color when I painted mine... I went with navy blue and am thinking of trying something new as well.
I can honestly say I am not secure enough to go with pink.

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

YellowJacket!

Well,
Thanks so far for all the replies.

I think I'm going with the pink.  I'm gonna call her pinkie too.....NOT!

I like the idea of yellow first, red second, blue is a close tie for second and silver is third.

Fade and chameleon colors are nice but too expensive and too hard to touch up scratches.

Any pictures?

I have looked at the gallery.

Keep em coming.

David

crazyjimmy

I painted mine yellow and people finally stopped pulling out in front of me.

louthepou

I've painted my second Vision yellow, but I can't update my web site yet!  >:(

I'll e-mail you a pic.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

YellowJacket!

Well, after looking at all the pics in the gallery and admiring the pic of lou's yellow vision that he sent me...Yellow is a strong first place.  Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

David

silicon_toad2000

nope, go with the yellow, then you'll just need one of those big loud obnoxious horns some people were talking about a few months back to scare some rider awaresness into those drivers that still dont see you!
One mans clunker is another mans blank canvas.

jasonm.

Dark colors make the chrome and engine stand out. My choice would be BLACK with silver stripes on an '82. Similar to the '83 gold stripes. Just remove the gold logos on the side covers...if they are still there? Plus, black is easy to touch up. I did my '82 in Dupont #99 pitch black. No clear needed. It has an amazing gloss...
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Ron_McCoy

The primer black ones are the fastest.

h2olawyer

Quote from: Ron_McCoy on August 20, 2005, 04:11:04 PM
The primer black ones are the fastest.

But all that rough, matte finish doesn't slip through the air as cleanly - silver is fastrer!  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

I like the yellow idea also, When we redo my boy's vision this winter I want to do yellow and the old yamaha-Kenny roberts black&white racing stripes.