OnROV October swap meet...

Started by Tiger, September 01, 2009, 02:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) This is a great day out, with lots of end-of-season bargains to be had. I got my hard bags there last year for $25.00!!!

CVMG Golden Horseshoe Section Swap Meet
Sunday October 04, 2009  08:00 AM - 03:00 PM (The Sunday after the fall ride)

Sponsored by the Golden Horseshoe Section CVMG - entry $5 per person.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kev10104

Tiger

:) Ya bet yer ass yer in...who else from the crazy gang :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8)...TIGER
8)...Kev10104

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

vadasz1

I'll see about getting the day off that Sunday.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on September 02, 2009, 12:28:23 PM
I'll see about getting the day off that Sunday.

:o WOW!!!...about time too ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER........ 8)

fiddlesticks

A good meet. I will check the sheddy.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

vadasz1

Here's the instructions to the park from all directions.

DIRECTIONS TO COUNTRY HERITAGE PARK!
Directions from:

Toronto/Mississauga via the 401
Take the 401 west to Highway 25 exit; go north to the 4th traffic light; turn left onto Side Road 5/Regional Road 9; after 3 km turn left onto Tremaine Road (hidden intersection); go over the 401 bridge and the Park is immediately on the right.
Toronto/Mississauga via the QEW
Take the QEW west to the Highway 25 exit; go north to Hwy 5; turn left and travel about  1.5 km to Tremaine Road (three way intersection); turn right and travel about 15 km (past Derry Road and Steeles Avenue).  The Park is on the left, below the 401.

Hamilton/Burlington
Take Hwy 5 east beyond Guelph Line to Tremaine Road; turn left and travel 15 km (past Derry Road and Steeles Avenue).  The Park is on the left, just below the 401.

Guelph/Kitchener
Take the 401 east to Guelph Line North; drive north approximately 0.5 km; turn right onto Side Road 5/Regional Road 9 and travel east approximately 4 km to Tremaine Road; turn right and travel south.  The Park is on the right just beyond the bridge over the 401.

Oakville
Take Hwy 5 west past Hwy 25 to Tremaine Road; turn right and go north for approximately 15 km (past Derry Road and Steeles Avenue); Park is on the left, just below the 401.

Acton
Take Hwy 25 south to Side Road 5/Region Road 9; turn right and travel west 3 km; turn left onto Tremaine Road and travel south over the 401 bridge.  The Park is immediately on your right.

Georgetown
Travel south on Trafalgar Road to Steeles Avenue; turn right and travel west through the northern outskirts of the town of Milton; continue to a flashing amber light at Tremaine Road, turn right and travel north; the Park is on the left, immediately below the 401.

Brampton/Bramalea
Take Steeles Avenue west, travel through the northern outskirts of the town of Milton; continue to a flashing amber light at Tremaine Road; turn right and travel north; the Park is on the left, immediately below the 401.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About | Events | Tours | Rentals | Weddings | Educational Programs | Camp | News | Site Map | Email | Directions | Sponsors | Friends | Home
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(905) 878-8151 or (888) 307-3276  Fax (905) 876-4530
COPYRIGHT: Country Heritage Park 2003

Site Design
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Kenny

AHh ! Guess what I finally have a day off  that fits this one.
  I'll be in for this one.
                      Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

funkamongus

Im jealous!!! I need to move to Canada.. Its clean, the folks are nice, and events like this too?!?!?! Im jealous.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Brian Moffet

Doesn't Canada have an immigration program where they determine whether you will be useful (employment-wise, etc.)?  ( looking at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp )

There's that government telling people how to live again  ;)

funkamongus

Damn, I guess that leaves me out. an old musician is about as useful as herpes.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Re-Vision

I love Canada in the summer time.  Saw lots of USA record low temps during four years in No. Dakota.  Our lows were Manitoba's highs.  Never minded the minus forty degree weather as much as I hated having to walk into that Canadian wind at a forty-five degree angle. I'd be a snowbird if they take retiree's.  BDC

Tiger

Quote from: Kenny on September 27, 2009, 01:15:23 PM
AHh ! Guess what I finally have a day off  that fits this one.
  I'll be in for this one.
                      Cheers Ken S.

8) SUPERB Kenny...We'll meet up next Sunday.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Who will join me for this ride this Sunday, 4th October... :-\  Its a one day swap meet event in Milton...

Meet point: 9.30 a.m. Tim Horton's on Hwy #25 (Milton) a hundred yards north of Hwy #401 on the east side...

Should the weather hold up, we can all go for lunch somewhere after... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Looks like we have...

Tiger & Cathy.
Kev & Tammy.
Kenny.
vadasz1
Lou.
Raj.
Fiddlesticks.

...any one else comin' out to play on Sunday  ??? ???

8).......TIGER....... 8)

fiddlesticks

Count me in. I am on the hunt for soem various items. Including gaskets ect that I may need to put on my new exhaust. Yep I did say new exhaust. Woooo freaking hoooo. By the end of this weekend I am hoping to have my baby growling like a bike should. Most likely meet u at the park.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Tiger

:)  Looks like we have...

Tiger & Cathy.
Kev & Tammy.
Kenny.
vadasz1
Lou.
Raj.
Fiddlesticks.

...any one else comin' out to play today, (Sunday)... :-\

Unfortunately, the weather isn't going to get any better!!! So suit up and lets ride out, not drop out boys 'n girls, winters fast approaching!!!

8)........TIGER....... 8) 

kev10104

The little kid is coming out in me again.I am ready to go and waiting on....Of course the better half(Tammy).See you all sonn and safe riding my friends.Congrats on the exhaust Fiddlesticks as John would say I went to the dark side as well and we put Mac's on mine yesterday.Thanks again buddy.

Tiger

:) I think we are going to have a loud contingent arriving at this meet!!!

To quote Thin Lizzy..."The boys are back in town"... :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) (Oh, and Fid' of course!!).

8).......TIGER........ 8)

Tiger

:) We, Kev10104 & Tammy, vadasz1, Raj, Lou and yours truly...we also met up with Dave milican who attends our OnROV spring/fall rides as well as "warhead 550"...had a great time. A fun day out with some of the OnROV crew, trawling through all the various vender's, looking for bargains...and we found a few... 8)

vadasz1 picked up a set of hard bags, (same as mine) for $30.00... 8)...the vendor originally wanted $70.00!!!

Kev10104 picked up an almost new, large, hard leather, rear rack bag for $40.00...and a throttle rocker that clips onto the twist grip and allows you to exercise your hand when it goes to sleep and still maintain throttle speed control on long/highway journeys for $2.00... 8)

Lou picked up a decent front tire for $5.00 which we took back to mine, mounted and fitted on to his Vision... 8) More on this to come, read on!!!

Me, I walked out with a set of small, hard leather, saddle bags, with mounts for $10.00, a Yamaha adjustable rear lugage rack/back rest for $20.00, a new set of foam handle bar grips with chrome end caps for $5.00 and a British Motor Cycle Weekly magazine dated 3rd October 1981 with the picture of an '81 U.K. Vision, in Star Silver, (U S '83 spec), on the front page for 50 cents!!!

After all that walking about and fresh air, we set off with tummies growling for lunch...with Lou's Vision on the back of Tammy's pick up :o, due to a "bulge" on the rear tire tread!!! Imagine that going "BANG" on the highway at 100!!!

Lunch over, we headed north to my place, to do Lou's front tire and swap out a rear wheel, complete with a good tire, off of #14, to allow him to ride home today and also to get him to work tomorrow!!! We also swapped out Raj's '82 rear shock, for an '83 that I had on shelf and mounted Kev's newly acquired rear rack bag... 8)

Supper time...bye-bye all... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)