News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Port Dover, Friday 13th...

Started by Tiger, June 14, 2008, 07:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

8) Well, we did our bit to help this ride get into the Guinness Book of Record's ;)

The organisers were looking to get 100,000 bikes into Port Dover yesterday...a town of 5,000 residence!!! I don't know, as yet, the final count...but man, I don't think in all my years that I've seen so many bikes in one place. 95% Hahaharleys ::)

I had the pleasure of riding with Lil'Blaster, who has yet to learn to switch on a computer and join the ROV, (he's not sure if this computer thing will catch on!!!), who bought "The Black Panther", my year before last winter project...Barre on his Honda, (he has done a couple of OnROV rides), Gord on an 800 Valusia and our very own intrepid explorer, straight back from his ride out to our west coast...Mr Iron Butt himself.......KENNY 8) Kenny sent me an email at 11.58 p.m. on Thursday night telling me that he had just returned from his west coast tour and wanted to be part of the Port Dover ride!!!...It took him on a near three hours ride just to meet up with us and another couple of hours, for us to get to Port Dover!!!......and at the end of the day he decided he wanted to sleep in his own bed and rode all the way home!!!...Now someone tell Kenny that Vision's are unreliable and not built to be rode, long, hard and often!!!

Here is a link to give you some more info'... http://www.pd13.com/

A superb day, riding with great people.......What more can one ask for. Thanks guys 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Bowzer

It was a fantistic day in dover for anyone that has never bee there it is something to behold. My bike was number 06693 and that was at about 9:15 am they had reached 10 000 by 10 am the weather was great and the visioin got some great comments from those that happend to drop by the camp site