Round headlight found

Started by vl5150, July 01, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vl5150

Just as an FYI...

Yamaha XJ650 Maxim headlight fits the Vision.
Nice chrome bucket.  Cut the tab from the bottom.  Remove the horn cover and horn, bend the bracket down 180 degrees and then drill a new hole in the metal horn hander and cut. It will then mount right back where it's supposed to go,
http://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrderDetails?ViewPaymentStatus&transid=603733199024&itemId=370886421585&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:VPS

fret not

I get a "NO ACCESS" message from eBay with that link.  It's only for the seller to access.
Retired, on the downhill slide. . . . . . . . still feels like going uphill!

vl5150

Sorry about the link.  Here's what the headlight and bucket looks like.

vl5150

The Prophet of Doom

I notice your light is touching the horn cover.  Mine did that too and broke it after a while; and NOS horn covers aren't cheap.
I cut and re-welded the ears about a 1/2 inch higher.  Fits perfectly now.

vl5150

I wound up snipping that top bar out.  The other two should be enough to bind it together..If not I can JB weld a metal bar behind it.

I like the looks lie the bike much better with the round headlight.  More like the '83 RD350.

The Prophet of Doom

b_racuda

Did not want to start a new topic so I replied to this old topic. I purchased round 7 inch led headlight from Ebay. I just got it and tried how it fits. It fits nearly perfectly, only the support for the horn was on the way and I just bend it a little and problem solved. Also I need spacers to fasten it properly. I don't know nothing about the luminosity yet. The headlight has E-marking so I assume it is legal to use in Europe. I have to do some box for all the wiring which were inside the old headlight, any suggestions?

skucera

What's the projection pattern like at night?  Is the headlight any good? 

It does look good in your pictures.  Are the smaller lights just for looks, or are they the high beam, or the low beam?

Scott

b_racuda

I don't know how is the projection pattern. I am still hesitating what to do with all the wiring and connectors. Maybe I just cut all the wires and reconnect them without the connectors or just do a little bag for them behind the light.

I am also putting a new speedo- and odometer. Aftermarket piece, totally electronic http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Motor-Bike-LCD-Digital-Speedometer-Odometer-For-1-2-4-cylinders-/141724193719?hash=item20ff6b93b7:g:PFgAAOSwyQtVrmGl&vxp=mtr . So that will also need some wiring.