News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

services on saturday

Started by kiawrench, September 26, 2007, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

Will be holding memorial service on saturday of this week , to honor the passing of my project bike.
said services will be held where any guests may reside at this time, wobbly pop is traditional fare, kick-a poo juice is optional, attire is whatever.

obituary:

Bobber Vision   
                                             b.1982,d.2007

Bobber Vision passed away late Sunday afternoon,after undergoing a series of restorative operations, while attempting to overtake a few rival motorized devices on Hwy 544 ,in Socastee ,SC. Cause of death was determined to be broken crankshaft at an estimated speed of 56mph. The operator suffered only minor injuries, thanks in part to judicious application of preserved animal hides and a fulmer modular protective device.
    Mr. Vision managed to make the apron of the surface being traveled, but all attempts to salvage him were deemed fruitless.Upon arrival, the wrecker operator was able to move the deceased into a near horizontal position, restraints were used to preclude further injury.
        After considerable effort, the surviving family members ,one Mr kiawrench and several assistants, determined that the deceased would be scrapped for any salvageable items and buried with full ROV honors at  McCain's recycle center in Conway ,SC.
       all gifts or flowers should be withheld by mourners, and the funds applied to the celebration and continued care of Mr.Vision's remaining relatives, no matter where they may be.

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kiawrench

serious note: crank broke at hwy speed, was able to get off of main road to shoulder, still dont know what happened, had oil,new filter, fresh plugs, etc, was running great for over three hours of riding, then just grenaded on the ride to my house. Most of what is left of it is small parts, engine internals are hammered, tranny is locked in 5th gear, wont shift,front rim is a total loss, rear is bent, but i actually have no injuries, just a massive bruised ego,, i was really enjoying having the project bike on the road. I guess i should have chosen a bike with a lot less miles and less time sitting in a barn .

did manage to save all my papers ,and a few parts, but most of it is crap now,, i was not on it when it stopped tumbling.
  thank you discount leather distributors, fulmer helmets, joe rocket boots and who ever had just plowed the field i had to dump into .An additional thank you goes out to whoever designed the back support and bracing that was built into my jacket!!

one nice to think of note: i have another parts bike ,,, i can rebuild this project, just have to make some more play money to use in the job !
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Lucky

I'm glad your ok, & it sounds like Bobber took Tigers words to heart:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

h2olawyer

Glad you weren't injured!

Will go get some good wobbly pop to make a toast this Saturday.

My deepest condolences.   :'(

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: h2olawyer on September 26, 2007, 07:53:29 PM
Glad you weren't injured!

Will go get some good wobbly pop to make a toast this Saturday.

My deepest condolences.   :'(

H2O

Ditto.  But more importantly.  I'm glad you didn't further your back injury.  You have been through so much with it.  I'm glad you are ok.

Ditto to what lucky said too.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Kevin

VERY glad your are OK.  Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

ColinthePilot

I got some similar bad news today. A distant cousin to the vision, 22 times removed, died this morning. My buddy wrecked his YZF 600 on an off ramp in daytona today, not being stupid from what I've been told. He's in the hospital with some nasty injuries to his leg, but he was wearing a full helmet, an armored textile jacket, and good riding gloves. His legs took a hit cuz he was wearing jeans. The good news is, he'll likely recover and be able to ride again.
Unfortunately the same can't be said of his bike. it continued to slide after he dismounted and got wedged under the guard rail so hard that when the wrecker came to pick it up, they ended up ripping it in two (don't know the mechanics of how they tried to pull it). So the YZF is dead, Brendan will be ok. Thats how I prefer it.
Colin
It pissed me off, so I jammed a screwdriver into it, hit it with a hammer, and spun it around with a pair of vice grips. Let that serve as a warning

Aelwulf

Glad to hear you're ok.  I was just having the jeans discussion with my roommate who's debating between a 250 & a 650 to save on gas for work.

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

Tiger

:) R.I.P...She died as she would have wanted to...on the road ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

R.I.P. to the Vision is sad BUT better than saying it to a human member of our family. Pleased your good to go again buddy.

All the gear ALL the time boy's 'n girl's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

saddest part of this whole thing is,, i was headed home to clean her up, polish the unrusted spots and get some pictures to post online---

one of the guys with me said  it was ugly,, real ugly,, but the wheel drag slide into the dirt was something, he thinks i scrubbed off all but 20 mph or so,, so my tumble in soft dirt was pretty easy to handle,, i remember hitting the edge of the road, and then picking my bail out point, Leon said i came off in a big ball, holding helmet down  and rolling,  am only a bit sore ,mostly legs, my neck is stiff, but no real injury seems to be present.

near as we can tell , the oil pump locked up starved the topend, once it had enough, it just locked down, breaking the crank ,timing gears and chains - i guess crank just kept spinning when top side locked down, and it just broke. i never saw the idiot light,,, and i know it worked,, had a new pressure switch too .

don_vanecek

Oh man that is scary, sure glad your around to tell us about. You and Zore can start a survivers club and I pray I never meet the criteria to join it!

Superfly

That blows!  Sorry to hear about your incident, at least you were able to walk away, and that is the most important thing. 
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Lucky

Should i be sitting shiva? lighting candles?

abogado68

I will pray 10 hail Mary's and 10  Our Father's for your bike. May she rest in peace :D :D :D :D Glad to hear or read that you are o.k.  :) :) Steel can be fixed, a human being can't. Take care.

h2olawyer

Gotta remember that kia's neck is now steel . . .  ;D

Hope you didn't dent your neck bearing races.  You might develop speed wobbles if you choose to move at anything faster than a walk.   ;)

Maybe you can give the engine to Lucky - sounds like most of the 'cutaway' has been done.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

if i'm going to do a vision cutaway, the engine will need to turn.

h2olawyer

Was really joking - forgot to add the emoticon.   ::)  The unintentional cutaway probably wouldn't be cut away in the right spots anyway.   ;)

H2O

Lucky

I knew that, but given Kia's proximity, i thought you might have meant it  :)