News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

yics routing question

Started by funkamongus, April 18, 2009, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkamongus

Yics wasnt hooked up when I got it,, I sealed it, got it back on,, I wonder though,, Does the shorter hose from the rear go to the closer/smaller space in the yics, or do they cross and the longer hose from the front goes to the smaller space in the yics??? Im thinking the space wants to be the same, so, the longer hose would go to the smaller space right?   Im doubling up posts now on this question too,, I had a sealing prob on the flange,, cut new gaskets for it,, should I use bearing grease,red or ultra copper RTV to help seal it? I dont have any yamabond available, currently, this is what I have ready to go.
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Brian Moffet

Rick G

Boy are you confused, or at least your confusing me.  It doesn't matter which side goes where, Viewed from the right side of the bike, the left hose goes to the rear head  and the right hose goes to the front head.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

no, its common knowledge that Im confused,, dont let it throw ya!!!! Its mostly because I used to do the 90 yard dash in a 60 yard building...
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

rhpaw

I believe that the swirl chambers were designed to different sizes for a reason. From what I remmeber the lines were short with little excess for movement and did not cross.

When I reinstall my fixed box next week-ish, that's my plan.
03 buell xb9r - angry tractor