News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Recommended online discount Yamaha parts source

Started by pullshocks, December 10, 2007, 10:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullshocks

ysppart.com

They are a Yamaha dealer in Federal Way, WA, south of Seattle.  They claim to have the lowest prices in the world.  I don't know if that's true, but the parts I ordered were a good bit cheaper than Bike Bandit or the other place in Michigan that I tried recently.  For example, about $25 for an '83 air filter.

They don't stock Vision parts but my order shipped within 9 days.

Their site has the standard yamaha parts catalog lookup system.

Highly recommended.

QBS

That's a good price on the air filter.  I think $40.00 is the usual going rate.  Of course, I only pay $5.00 for my modified automobile application Fram unit.

mdskinner731

lol i think my vision ran better when the air filter was off.. but my air filter is the original air filter that sat out side for 20+ years.. whats the cheep air filter from fram??
"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

Tiger

Quote from: mdskinner731 on December 11, 2007, 08:29:03 PM
.. whats the cheep air filter from fram??

Fram #3903... ;)

Just grab the top part of the OEM air filter and the base plate...and pull the filter away from the base plate... :o
Toss the filter in the garbage and clean up the base plate.
Add a bead of RED RTV Silicone to the base plate, set filter onto the base plate, put a book on top of the filter and leave to cure for 24 hour's....... 8)

Install your new custom filter in the airbox and your V will love you for a wee while longer... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

mdskinner731

"he who has the most toys when they die, wins..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if it moves and its not supposed to-duct tape
if it dont move and its supposed to- wd-40
Redneck Law

jasonm.

Hold on for a second guys. Does everyone realize the OEM filter has that solid top to allow the cover to "press down" and seal the filter in place. Having 3 spare filters. I tried the Fram thing. No matter what, the filter did not properly seal.  I paid $30 for the OEM this year. And considering these can go 25k on the OEM....it's not too expensive.  Did I do something wrong using the Fram? 
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Kenny

Jason,
     Pick up a Uni-Filter as I mentioned down at NV's get together,  I sent two of them back in 2000 due to the foam seal separating .They listen to customer feedback and redesigned the Filter & it works great now, just a plug/play and ride,  ;)
                       Try it you'll like it. ;D
                                 Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92