Vision Key Blanks

Started by Cdnlouie, August 17, 2010, 10:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdnlouie

Here is an update on some info posted a few years ago (2007) as I was down to my last key and ready for a couple of spares.  I located a locksmith that had the Ilco blanks and he made up two copies for $7 each.  Price wise that is better than the dealer who has to order the blank for $10 and then you need to pay to get it cut.

Previously Lucky had posted that there were at least two Vision key blanks and possibly a third.  This is to confirm that there is a third and it appears in the line-up in addition to the two previous (YH 47, 49).

YH 50 = Ilco (? might be X117 as not printed on key blank)
YH 49 = Ilco X118
YH 47 = Ilco x119

The YH 47 is used on my 1985 Venture Royale too and with the key tip pointed towards you has one wide slot on the right side of the key.
The YH 49 (if I remember correctly) has two slots a wide and narrow one on the right side.  I think I saw some Japanese car blanks of this type.
The YH 50 has two slots a wide and narrow one on the left side of the key.

For fellows in the Toronto area the locksmith is located at 97 Queen St. W. in Brampton with hours from 9-5:30pm.  It is called Locksmith & Safeman Security Hardware Ltd. 905-459-1110.

Always keep at least one spare and I'm the type of guy that need at least two  ::).

Lucky

oh man, you got raped, we now cut 'em at work for $1.70 ea...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Cdnlouie

Unfortunately, my Ace Hardware membership expired!  ;D and I considered the alternative of being "keyless in Seattle."