News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Ah - Gotta Love Colorado Weather

Started by h2olawyer, August 15, 2008, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

August 4 - 104F in Denver.  One degree shy of the all time high.

42 days above 90F so far in 2008 (average is 32)

August 15 - Denver temps in the low 50s F (high for the day).

Trail Ridge Road is closed due to snow.  Pictures of snow on Berthoud Pass.

Nice, steady, cold drizzle in Ft. Collins.  Before this storm system moved in, we had two rainstorms in town since April.  Both of those lasted around 90 minutes & dropped nearly 2 inches of rain each.  This storm is much more beneficial.  Again, around 2 or 3 inches of rain expected, but over 3 or 4 days.  In the last 2 storms, most of the rain just washed over the ground & ran off into the storm sewers then eventually on to the Cache La Poudre river.  This time, I don't have any standing puddles in the low spots in my yard.  It's really soaking in.   ;D

I got out for an early morning rain ride today.  Had to go get my disk drives (one of them died last week) from a friend who was working on restoring the data.  Got almost all my photos & videos back!   ;D  Still some files to locate and bad sectors on the disk to repair, but I'm not in any hurry to finish that stuff now.  At least I can eventually get to them.

Anyway, this morning's ride was interesting.  This storm came in late yesterday afternoon with quite a roar.  Hail around an inch in diameter & high wind gusts brought down lots of leaves & branches - along with toppling a couple trees.  I had a bit of an obstacle course to run until I got onto the larger streets.  Even then, the road was littered with lots of wet, slick leaves.  After around 15 miles of riding - round trip, I pulled safely into my garage.  Good practice - even though it was cold.  I managed to miss all the leaves, too.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

inanecathode

Sorry H2O its my fault. Just before those giant thunderstorms last week i thought to myself we hadnt really had 'that storm' of the year yet, the one super-cell thats rolls through indian peaks like a freight train, later to become tornados and flood warnings down on the flat.

Immediately after that series of storms, i remarked to my girlfriend that we hadnt really had 'that one' week either. The one where its just cold and shitty all week, never stops raining, constant fog, crappy riding weather.

Im sure your garden thanks me though :)
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

h2olawyer

Thanks, inane!  I'm actually loving this weather.  I hate the heat.  It's been too hot to ride down here in the flatlands.  Hope we get back into temps in the low 80s down here & 60s - 70s in the mountains - for a few weeks, anyway.  If I had a garden it would be thanking you.  However, my lawn & trees are feeling better.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

yah...rain canceled my testing this morning....oh well maybe monday. 

Anyone up for some muddin instead?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com