I've been published...again

Started by jasonm., January 11, 2008, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonm.

Over the years I have written into magazines. Putting in my $.02 and often getting to see my words in a national publication, Rider, MCN and a few others. Well, I went online and on the AMA website they asked..."what's your favorite motorcycle movie"... I replied , and they printed it with 6 other replies. I think this is my first in the AMA magazine. You want to know what I said...look in the AMA magazine ;D...If you aren't an AMA member and live in the U.S. :o, you should be a member.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

louthepou

But... but... I'm in Canada...  :( :( :(

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Rick G

I think you have to be a Harley lover to get in the AMA . or at least not mind when the change the racing rules to favour harley.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

January or February?  I can't seem to find it online at the moment.  My Feb issue hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

EDIT:  Never Mind - found it in the "Backfire" Archives for December, 2007.  I tend to agree with your choice & comments.  Well Done!!!   ;D

While I was there, I made a submission for the January, 2008 Backfire.  We'll see if they publish it.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

jasonm.

h2o, I saw yours...I placed a similar comment. I think an idea of multiple statements saying the same thing...they should print one.   "25 years later"

h2olawyer

Got my snail mail issue today -- Your comment made the cut for print!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Cdnlouie

Congratulations Jason!  Come on and post the comment!

CDNL

jasonm.

Ok- AMA asked-"My all time favorite motorcycle movie is..."
"World's Fastest Indian. That movie urges us all to defy conventional thinking. If you have the will, you'll find the way."  You just have to see this movie.

Jason

Cdnlouie

Spoken from the heart!  Thanks for sharing your success with us non-published brethren.

Cdnl

Tiger

Quote from: jasonm. on January 18, 2008, 06:57:01 PM
"World's Fastest Indian.

8) I saw it, for the first time, a couple of week's ago...Anthony Hopkins played a great part in this true story. Not a Hollywoody biggy type film, just a great down to earth true story of a mans desire to succeed against the odds...Well worth watching 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

I've seen it several times.  Great movie!  Missed it in the theaters, but it plays well on TVs.

H2O

kwells

especially gigantic HDTVs hooked into booming 5.2 surround sound complete with subwoofers :P
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Even better yet on the 7.1 surround.   ;D

H2O

Brian Moffet

I didn't think that most DVD players/DVDs supported 7.1 surround yet, or do you have sets of speakers ganged together?

Brian (long time no read...)

The Prophet of Doom

Quote from: jasonm. on January 18, 2008, 06:57:01 PM
Ok- AMA asked-"My all time favorite motorcycle movie is..."
"World's Fastest Indian. That movie urges us all to defy conventional thinking. If you have the will, you'll find the way."  You just have to see this movie.

Jason
I tried to find Burt Munroes place a few weeks ago when I was down south.  I got the right street I think, but nothing that looked like the shed that was in the film.

YellowJacket!

I laughed so hard during "Wild Hogs" that I couldn't breathe.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

h2olawyer

Quote from: Brian Moffet on January 23, 2008, 03:58:55 PM
I didn't think that most DVD players/DVDs supported 7.1 surround yet, or do you have sets of speakers ganged together?

Brian (long time no read...)

No, the receiver futzes with the signal.  There are (were) some HD-DVDs with 7.1 output.  However, the overall sound is amazing for a cheap HTIB setup.  Can't believe it was under $500.  All speakers are bigger than the micro stuff so popular today -- especially the front 3 & subwoofer.

Been waiting for the HD / Blu-ray format war to end before getting a new player.  Now waiting for prices to drop a bit.  May go with a PS3 even though I'm not much of a game player but they do play Blu-ray & I'm sure there are some games I may want to play.

H2O

Brian Moffet

Quote from: h2olawyer on March 05, 2008, 08:46:30 PM
No, the receiver futzes with the signal. 
Ah, the modern version of what I have.  Prologic (not even II  ;D)

Brian (only two ears, what?)

h2olawyer

I upgraded from a 5.0 (no subwoofer out) Prologic Kenwood.  Price was under $500, tax included!  Listened to many systems & none had near the punch & features this one offered for anywhere near the same price.  Closest was over 2x more.  Was going to get separate receiver & speakers, but this system was too good to pass up.  My only complint is that the HDMI is only pass-through, so I do need both HDMI & Component video cables - at least until I get the Blu-ray player.

Had to get something to take advantage of the sound available with HD broadcasting (DirecTV).  The 42" Panasonic plasma is still fantastic.  Watching concerts is amazing.  The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD is incredible and the DirecTV showings of Chicago & Meatloaf were especially memorable.

Moved the old Kenwood into my bedroom.  The lack of a subwoofer isn't really an issue there, since I have an ancient set of Cerwin Vegas with 12" woofers to handle the lows.  Still, the sound is no match for the new, cheap Onkyo system.

Manufacturer link:
www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?class=Systems&m=HT-SR800&p=i

H2O