News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

A Gooood ride to-day...

Started by Tiger, June 12, 2007, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) As most know, I'm a salesman by profession, (fasteners, abrasives, chemicals, lubricants, etc,), ... ;)
I have one customer who is in Buckhorn...North of Peterborough, (in Ontario, Canada)...A grand total of 433 Kilometer's, (433 divide by 1.6= 271 mile's), round trip. To-days weather report was for 31c, ( 2 x 31c + 30 = 92f), clear skies and Sunshine AAAAAAAALL day.

Soooo, after the mornings three S's... 8) off came "The Mistress's" night cover, on went my riding gear and out to Buckhorn we rode.

I took the long way round ;) from my place thru' NewMarket...Davis Drive right to the end...7A thru' Port Perry, etc Some long straights, a few sweeps 'n bends...the scenery is, for the most part, rural...so nice, so clean and not a lot of traffic...it took me best part of 3-1/2 hour's to get there and the same back... :o :D :D :D and I was in the customer's for 1-1/2 hour's... 8)

8) The great part about it all is, apart from a great ride.......I get paid for to-day... 8) as long as the boss doesn't find out that I used the "V"...bad corporate image and all that shite...Wish I could do it more often, but I only go there once a month... ::) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

that is a great day...

I did around 350 miles on Sunday, but had to pay   >:( 

I rode 100 miles down to my brother's, another 60 miles or so into Pennsyltucky, and back home..
I was inspired when Kenny said he was riding to CO  ;)

those roads in Pennsyltucky were challenging... single file because there was usually only one good line, and if you weren't on it, it was rough... now I know why he went through a set of tires last year.

At first I was concerned that there might be deer in those deep dark hollows....
but after awhile, I was more worried there might be bear!!!!!!!!!

hitting a deer is one thing... hitting a bear is another...

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on June 12, 2007, 09:31:54 PM
Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you  

;D "Paw" excuse... ::) ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;) But sounds like you had a great day out to... 8)

On Sunday I did approx' 60 mile ride with a Goldwing, Harley sportster and big Kawi' cruiser...The wee "V" held her own against the "Big boy's" though... 8) I was real proud of her 8) 8) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

dj

Sounds like you had a great time Tiger.  Hopefully once I get the caps changed out on the bike I can start having some rides like that.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

inanecathode

I'm so jealous. All i have is my neon to drive :(
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

dj

Quote from: inanecathode on June 13, 2007, 02:25:02 PM
I'm so jealous. All i have is my neon to drive :(

Don't knock the neon.  I had one a few years back and it was a great car.  16 valve dual over head cam...  that was a zippy little 4...  got a few speeding tickets in it.  Great gas mileage, but you feel like you are 2 inches off the ground (oh yeah, thats right you are only 2 inches off the ground).  ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

inanecathode

Lol don't get me wrong, i love my neon. But its not as fun as a V :/
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

dj

Quote from: inanecathode on June 13, 2007, 06:40:22 PM
Lol don't get me wrong, i love my neon. But its not as fun as a V :/

Inane isn't smiling anymore, what happened buddy.  Somebody take away your birthday???  ;D

What other faces do you have for your avitar?
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Tiger

Quote from: dj on June 13, 2007, 08:34:34 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Tiger.  Hopefully once I get the caps changed out on the bike I can start having some rides like that.

Maybe get to ride together when I come down to N_V's in early September??

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on June 14, 2007, 06:38:32 PM

8).......TIGER....... 8)

yeah dj... I think it's about time you got your V-Hind in gear...

watch out, there's a new kid on the block that wants to race you  :o
first one of you to get their V sorted, road worthy and down here wins   ;)
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 14, 2007, 09:12:49 PM

8).......TIGER....... 8)

yeah dj... I think it's about time you got your V-Hind in gear...

watch out, there's a new kid on the block that wants to race you  :o
first one of you to get their V sorted, road worthy and down here wins   ;)

V-Hind is now back in gear (now that the tranny is finally done in my brothers mustang I can get back to working on the V).

Which new kid, Inane???  If so I think he is winning as he has already had more rides on his then mine and his actually starts and runs.

On a side note I'll soon have another V in the stable.  More details to come, but I will say that it is an 82 with an 83 full fairing...  needs some work (but that is a given right???)...
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

Quote from: dj on June 18, 2007, 08:34:27 AM

Which new kid, Inane???  If so I think he is winning as he has already had more rides on his then mine and his actually starts and runs.

nope, someone else new to the formum, so you still have a good shot in the race  ;)
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 18, 2007, 09:47:53 AM
Quote from: dj on June 18, 2007, 08:34:27 AM

nope, someone else new to the formum, so you still have a good shot in the race  ;)

What, your not even going to tell me who my competition is...
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

it's a real person as far as I know... I just haven't told them yet they're in a race
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 18, 2007, 10:30:49 AM
it's a real person as far as I know... I just haven't told them yet they're in a race

Your killing me NV.  You gotta tell me who my competition is so I can check on their progress... You can't just leave me hanging...

To make things fair they can't receive any hands on help from other forum members as there isn't anybody to give me hands on help in my area...  Unless you are going to volunteer to come up and help me...  ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

dj

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Sounds great Tiger...  Just let me know when you will be coming through.  I've got plenty of leave and come September I'll be looking to take what ever is left over so I don't waste it.  I've got about 20 days of leave right now, and only 10-12 of it is allocated (camping/riding trip up to Moosehead with a bunch of guys from the GS Resources forum in late August).
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

Quote from: dj on June 18, 2007, 10:34:21 AM

To make things fair they can't receive any hands on help from other forum members as there isn't anybody to give me hands on help in my area...  Unless you are going to volunteer to come up and help me...  ;D

I can't help it if you live in a land void of Vision... This member is within riding distance. If they need help, and I can, why not lend a hand?...
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 18, 2007, 01:36:30 PM
Quote from: dj on June 18, 2007, 10:34:21 AM

I can't help it if you live in a land void of Vision... This member is within riding distance. If they need help, and I can, why not lend a hand?...

Well soon enough the population of Visions in central Maine is going to double!!!

If you help him/her then that invalidates the results of the race if they win... ;D  Can't have an unfair advantage now can we...  ;)

So who is this person?  I can't talk trash if I don't know who to direct it to, and if this is going to be a race then there is going to be trash talking.  :o
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

nobody said you can't have your GS buddies help you.

heck, my wife was trying to help me work on the project bike Sunday  >:(

no thanks, I don't need your help.....

"but I just want to hammer something"

"put down the hammer and slowly move away from the bike, dear"

jealousy can be such an ugly thing....
;D