BUSTED and it ended badly

Started by kwells, May 12, 2008, 01:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Got pulled today in Golden Gate State Park.  Cop was chasing some ghost bikers around and wasn't sure if it was us or not.  Long story short.  No speeding ticket but my plate was off another bike so in came the flatbed for the score.  Yup.  It's impounded and it's probably gonna cost me bigtime since I can't seem to locate my IL State title. Will have to send away for it and the impound lot will charge me a meager $25/day.  That in addition to the $100.00 tow, $25.00 motorcycle tow jig they use, $25.00 special handling charge, and $4.00/mile should yield them a good day's extortion. Plus the 3 tickets to go along with it.  YeeHaw.  Hoodlum.

The ride was kickass leading up to that point.  Got my new rear tire put on, engine and new rear end oil in. 

Good times. They don't come cheap.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Ron_McCoy

kwells

That it was. >:(

Good news though.  Tonight I FOUND my title. whew...That probably saved me 250.00 in title fees and additional storage.  Luckily I also just got my new insurance card and it was actually insured at the time.

www.wellsmoto.com

inanecathode

You found it? Awesome!
Well the whole thing stank to high heaven in my opinion. They had no probable cause to pull us over and in fact they pulled over two other bikes, and only after running kwellz plate did they shoo off the other bikers. He had no intention of giving a speeding ticket, he was just fishing. Bullshizzle i call.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

supervision

That's a drag!, big time..  At least you found your papers, hope you get your bike back soon. 
" border="0

Rick G

It has long been my opinion (from long observation) That traffic tickets have nothing to do with Law enforcement or safety for that matter.  They have everything to do with revenue!!
The highest posted street in Kingman is 40 mph, we have 4 lane streets with 35 mph limits . Most streets are 25 mph .
I ride my vision in 3rd gear to avoid a ticket . 35 mph in 5th or even 4th is detrimental to the bottom end. Mostly I ride my 350 in town , which is why I bought it, to save my vision and to save on tickets.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

Sucks.

At least you found the title -- could have been worse.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Rick G on May 12, 2008, 02:03:05 PM
35 mph in 5th or even 4th is detrimental to the bottom end.

Why?  I always ride around at 35 in fourth.   Been doing it for a long time. I think that puts the RPM in the 4k range...

Brian

joevacc

Got my bike impounded once too!  >:(

They called a tow truck with a hook to get it !!!   Luckily, the cops let me talk them into calling a flatbed (a guy I new very well) and I got the bike back as soon as they took those damned cuffs off of me!!  :P

The only time I have been arrested - and all I did was to drive down a closed road while a parade was in town.  There was no sign or barrier!!  Small town expected everyone too know what was on their agenda!

It cost me money to.  As Rick G has already said it has nothing to do with the actual law!

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

sinner!

there's a reason why vehicles require plates, registrations, and insurance.... oh yeah, it's the law....

when you knowingly ride in violation of the law... expect to pay for your violations if you get caught.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Walt_M.

Hate to say it but yeah, ride without proper docs and prepare to pay! I remember riding an enduro many years ago in Ohio. Lots of guys on motocrossers were entered, no tags, no lights. The state cops at the first road section had a field day! Live and learn.
Whale oil beef hooked!

kwells

No learning going on here.  Now my next mission is to fight all the tickets and have the thrown out in court.  The smile will be big on my face that day.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

Quote from: kwells on May 12, 2008, 09:52:44 PM

No learning going on here.  Now my next mission is to fight all the tickets and have the thrown out in court.  The smile will be big on my face that day.

yah, let u$ know how that work$ out for you  ::)

the only reson I'm giving you a hard time, is because I've been waiting patiently to get the title back from the state for RedSkunk so I can LEGALLY get her on the road and start shakin her down....

I've been tempted to switch plates.. yadda... but I know in the back of my mind...... it's not worth using my "get out of jail free" card
;D

kwells

be sure to pay all ur taxes too

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

Quote from: kwells on May 13, 2008, 09:14:01 PM

be sure to pay all ur taxes too

can you say "1099" sure you can....
;D

inanecathode

If you're not up for unnecessary risks you shouldnt be riding a motorcycle :o

Night Vision

two things in life that are guaranteed.... death and taxes.....

Quote from: inanecathode on May 13, 2008, 09:44:09 PM
If you're not up for unnecessary risks you shouldnt be riding a motorcycle :o

maybe that's a good epitaph?

;D

Brian Moffet

Quote from: kwells on May 12, 2008, 09:52:44 PM
Now my next mission is to fight all the tickets and have the thrown out in court.

Let us know how that goes, I don't think you'll be successful, but best of luck.

Brian

Brian Moffet

If you're not up for unnecessary risks you shouldnt be riding a motorcycle

I mitigate all unnecessary risks.   ;D

inanecathode

Quote from: Brian Moffet on May 13, 2008, 10:02:42 PM
If you're not up for unnecessary risks you shouldnt be riding a motorcycle

I mitigate all unnecessary risks.   ;D

When did you sell your bike :P