News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

BUSTED and it ended badly

Started by kwells, May 12, 2008, 01:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

Quote from: Brian Moffet on May 13, 2008, 10:01:59 PM
Let us know how that goes, I don't think you'll be successful, but best of luck.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. 

Illegal stop will not bode well for the officer's case as a whole.
My expired insurance card got me a ticket, but have my new one showing coverage at that time.
A ticket for driving in a state park without permit is reaching at best.
I am guilty of Switching my plates but if the assistant DA understands there was no reason to have me stopped to begin with that also maybe thrown out.

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Brian Moffet

Nothing against you Kwells, just having lived in San Fran a little while and read a lot about how "lenient" they may be...

inanecathode: You didn't hear?  I sold it for parts after the CROV.

Brian

inanecathode

Quote from: Brian Moffet on May 13, 2008, 10:39:53 PM
Nothing against you Kwells, just having lived in San Fran a little while and read a lot about how "lenient" they may be...

inanecathode: You didn't hear?  I sold it for parts after the CROV.

Brian

Dude that sucks.
Dibs on the carbs if they havent sold yet :o
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brian Moffet

kwells

Ok,
So today I took my V for a VIN check and to the DMV for registration and titling of the Red V.  So now it's legal.  While i was at it I also replaced the plate to my Sprint that was confiscated.  So the confiscation of that 'evidence' has now been rendered moot and I am happy to say that both bikes are now back in action.  Have to get the title for Blackie from IL so I can register it that as well in CO.  But until it's a runner I'm not worried. Can always swap plates from my Red V.

Ha.  When will I ever learn?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

jasonm.

out in my area they only impound if you are not sober and/or NO insurance. With insurance you are proving that you will take responsibility for your actions. No reg. can be caused by many things. Just be careful how you word things in court.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Coil Coyle

Try hitting your turn signal, stopping as fast as you can, dismount and face away perpendicular to the road center as you pull your wallet slowly, raise your wallet into the air in front of your face and slowly remove your gloves then your license. As your peripheral visions sees the officer's door open, holler "I have ear plugs in and I can't hear". Leave your hands in front of you, turn your head only toward the officer and, if you see no concern on the officers face, slowly remove an earplug on the side he or she is on. I have been allowed to go with a warning several times since I figured this out. I even get compliments for pulling over so quickly.

Admit the offense and remain polite.

$0.02
;)
Coil

zore

Quote from: Rick G on May 12, 2008, 02:03:05 PM
The highest posted street in Kingman is 40 mph, we have 4 lane streets with 35 mph limits . Most streets are 25 mph .
I ride my vision in 3rd gear to avoid a ticket . 35 mph in 5th or even 4th is detrimental to the bottom end.

Really?  I lope in 5th gear every where I go and didn't think twice about.  I've been riding like that on every bike that will let me do so.  I figure as long as it's over 3000rpm, and can pull smoothly, I'm golden.

Just so that we are clear on the towing thing.  You were riding a bike that was not registered and you basicly had a fake plate on it? 
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Rick G

Maybe I'm an old woman , but I was always taught not to lug a bike  engine, especially a plain bearing engine.
I'm uneasy running along  at 25 or 30 mph at such a low rpm. Oil pressuse is partly determined by oil pump speed  (up to a point) and I just like to insure that its not too low.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike