Yellow wire coming out of the RR

Started by QBS, February 05, 2006, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

In the process of relocating my '83s' RR to the left foot peg area.? Want to run a dedicated ground from the RR to the battery.? My RR has 3 white wires, 1 red , 1 brown, 1 black , and 1 yellow wire.? None of the Haynes wiring diagrams show the yellow wire.? Where does it go?? What does it do?? What does the brown wire do?? Is the Black wire a ground wire?

ps2/bikevision

the yellow wire is an optinal wire for lights. it was used on enduros that have no battery.

black wire is for ground.

brown wire is hot from key. turn key on it gets juice. ive got my heated grips wired into this.

Tiger

:) Hmmmmmmmmmm.? ??? Does that mean the yellow wire could be used for some kind of extra lighting ::) maybe driving lights or coloured L E D accent lighting above the motor,frame,etc ? :-\ .

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Tiger.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

squid

:)  maybe wire it up to a grenade launcher for those days riding through Toronto!! ;D I sure dont miss those days.  ::) I got a new poll!!! how many mirrors have you had to knock off with your foot to get the idiots attention when he is comming into your lane on his/her cell phone?? :P

ps2/bikevision

new carbon fiber knuckle gloves work great. theyll take a mirror off without pain.

jasonm.

I believe the brown wire is the "dumper" wire. It dumps excess voltage. Just connect it to the harness as it was originally. As far as grounds go. Just use some 18awg wire to a lug and screw to the frame(by the coolant res.) and to the black wire to the R/R. This gives an extra path for the ground. The battery is actually grounded to the engine with a big lug and a smaller one by the coils. It's fine to add grounds. Just don't disconnect a ground. I work on electronics. I have seen people think they are better than the engineers who designed a system. Only to have new wiring result in no gains or worse..., electrical melt down or fire. YOU MUST HAVE THE BROWN WIRE CONNECTED!
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules