Main Menu

XZ400

Started by Robin Hood, August 13, 2006, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XZv2

Hi, Robin Hood,
I hope to find the time to check the cylinders and pistons this weekend. I still have to remove the pistons, the cylinders are off.

There are pictures of several XZ400's on the xz550.nl website. The details of the footrests and gear change pedal are from the white-and-red fairing bike (a Japanese bike imported secondhand in the UK, code 14X). As far as I am aware the footrests themselves are aluminium. They are different from the iron ones I know from the European 1982 550 specimens. If I remember well, Simcha still has these footrests.

The picture of the 400 carbs is from a Japanese bike in Japan owned at present by Ryuji. The carbs of the 400 are 1982 550 carbs (different jets), and indeed updated, that is with the vacuum oprated flapper.

The engine of the white-and-red 400 is here in Holland at present. There are no carbs on this bike. I think indeed that all 400's had the updated carbs.

XZv2

XZv2

Hi, Robin Hood, you have email.
XZv2

XZv2

RobinHood,
mail to den676@hotmail.com came back.
How can I reach you? Please mail to XZv2@hotmail.com
XZv2

kiwibum

Quote from: Kiwi_XZ on August 25, 2006, 09:40:45 PM
There is a Service Manual Supplement available for the XZ400, these bikes are very common in New Zealand, I believe they came about due to a 400 cc limit on some age group licensing (16-18 years) in Japan.
Kiwi_XZ
Any idea where to get a copy of this Service Manual Supplement?
thanks
steve