vision upgrades and parts

Started by bikeseamus, January 19, 2003, 08:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikeseamus

ND now makes an iridium spark plug for the vision. They are better in every way. Part# is IX24 5372. I goofed around in the shop and found these things for vision riders. We can now trash the junk acid spitter battery {just joking,recycle}and replace it with a maintenance free unit. Interstate # is YTX14AHL-BS. Simply the best. Other part # of interest are sold by K&L. A good bike shop will have an ordering history with them. The valve adjusting tool is #35-3470. Fuel petcock repair kit is #18-2698. Improved carb needles and seats is # 18-4651. New and possibly better intake manifolds are part# 11-6237. Rebuilt starter is part # 21- 6467. Hope this helps.

Cdnlouie

Nice work on the part numbers.  Can you give me a better idea of who it is that supplies the valve adjusting tool?  Is this an aftermarket version?  Of course the prize winning question, is it currently available and where?

Thanks, Louie   :)

bikeseamus

Louie   No, the valve adjusting tool isn't an aftermarket unit. K&L had the original contract. Yamaha has just recently switched tool makers, but that doesn't change this one. The number above is to be used at a bike shop that orders K&L stuff. If you order it at a yamaha dealership, the part # is YM-28899. That came out of the 2002 Yamaha book, so it should work. Dealers cost on it is 17.84 US, so I guess you will be able to find out how good a friend he thinks you are by what he says it will cost you. There you go, buddy.

Humber

A yamaha valve tool number is: 90890-04075-00 - and this is the number I used ordering mine.

The following number YM-28899 is only engraved on the tool but it is not OEM part number.
nie ma podpis?w

bikeseamus

International dialogues are informative. I should have clarified that my part # is only valid in North America, sorry.

Cdnlouie

Thanks to both of you for the part numbers.  I need all the information I can get to see if I can shake one of these loose from a Yamaha dealer here in Canada.  Definitely a fair price.

Louie  8)