Party Crashing!

Started by Mutt, November 16, 2005, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

If you remember the plot of the movie, you will be happy to hear that several lakes in this area were actually rivers that were dammed up to make large lakes that are used for hydoelectric power.? :o

ps2/bikevision

motorplow is that your new cabin or is it the new house for lucky.

lol ;D

MotorPlow

Actually, at the moment, I can only rent out the downstairs. I was told that the upstairs is not safe to be occupied. I was told that if someone was living upstairs, they could get hurt if the house fell. Tenant downstairs would not be hurt from the fall, they would already be on the ground.

sangathor

Upstairs already has a tenant.  :o

You guys keep posting at this pace and you'll be caught up to our 112 pages in no time. :)

ps2/bikevision

so lucky will have a place to stay if he heads down there.

Mutt

Quote from: Lucky on March 09, 2006, 03:27:06 PM
so if i move down there near you two idiots, am i going to hear the theme from Deliverance everytime i call your house?... :o :D

No, you won't hear "squeal like a pig" or "you've got a pretty mouth" in my area. Remember, it's worse than that. We're full of nothern transplants here like "yous guys".  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

Quote from: sangathor on March 09, 2006, 04:58:52 PM
Upstairs already has a tenant.? :o

That's halarious! Eventhough that's not the character that likes Ned Betty  :P, he is the one face I remember so well from the movie. Creepy guy. I don't personnaly know anyone around here that plays the banjo.

Mutt

Walt_M.

So, I guess y'all are going to the matinee showing of 'Brokeback Mountain'?

Sorry about that but I just had to!!!
Whale oil beef hooked!

MotorPlow

LOL, I don't think this thread is promoting out "Party Crashing" event very well..... It is quite funny though.

YellowJacket!

if anyone is coming through Knoxville, let me know.  Maybe we can have a small cookout at my house.  I also have a spare bedroom if anyone needs a place to stay.  I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me go, but she is worried that my courage will outweigh my riding skills or someone elses stupidity will override my evasive manuver skills.  :(
Anyway, PM me if you wnat to stop by.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

MotorPlow

David,
That sounds like a really good idea. I like cookouts. And if we spend say a half day at your house, maybe you could plan an hour ride or so on some of your favorite roads near your house, then we can eat your food.

~MP

YellowJacket!

Sounds good to me.

David

ps2/bikevision

hey dave you ever ride the devils triangle? i rode through there last year when we met at the dragon. it was an awsome ride. a few spots i was glad to not break down.

Mutt

Maybe we can stop in and convince your wife that you'd be safe riding with us to "The Dragon". Let us know what day would be good for you and we'll make a trip over and meet you.

Mutt

YellowJacket!

Never heard of Devils Triangle unless you are talking about my ex wi..... oops,, better nt go there.
Trying to convince my wife that you don't have to ride the Dragon FAST to enjoy it...or do you?  ;D

David

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on March 16, 2006, 10:01:21 AM
Never heard of Devils Triangle unless you are talking about my ex wi..... oops,, better nt go there.
Trying to convince my wife that you don't have to ride the Dragon FAST to enjoy it...or do you?? ;D

David

NO! You can enjoy it no matter how fast you ride. It can be challenging or relaxing. The speed you take it all depends on your experience level. Only you can judge your abilities.

Mutt

MotorPlow

We could kidnap him, or would that be adultnapping... wait a minute, that's what I do in the afternoons... In any event, it would be after we eat his food.... Right?

Dave, Pick a day and we will add it into the plans... How does Sunday afternoon sound? I figure Saturday Night could result in interesting entertainment at the campground, and I'm thinking it could be fun to hang around and watch.

Mutt, I've been trying to find the time to plot a route down the parkway from here...

ps2/bikevision

the devils triangle goes from lake city via 116 west to i think 62 east. ill have to dig out my mad map it has the route in it. on the way down i rode the bottom of it and then on the way home i rode the top. you go past a prison, the birth place of the atomic bomb, and a couple mines. its really good riding and some good spots to stop and take pics. i didnt stop though. i was by myself and didnt feel like stopping.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on March 16, 2006, 03:55:33 PM
We could kidnap him, or would that be adultnapping... wait a minute, that's what I do in the afternoons... In any event, it would be after we eat his food.... Right?

Dave, Pick a day and we will add it into the plans... How does Sunday afternoon sound? I figure Saturday Night could result in interesting entertainment at the campground, and I'm thinking it could be fun to hang around and watch.

Mutt, I've been trying to find the time to plot a route down the parkway from here...

What's the closest access to the parkway from your house? Would it be better to ride the interstate down a ways and then get on it or should we just cruise it all the way down? I'm there either way.

Mutt

Mutt

Quote from: ps2 on March 16, 2006, 03:57:58 PM
the devils triangle goes from lake city via 116 west to i think 62 east. ill have to dig out my mad map it has the route in it. on the way down i rode the bottom of it and then on the way home i rode the top. you go past a prison, the birth place of the atomic bomb, and a couple mines. its really good riding and some good spots to stop and take pics. i didnt stop though. i was by myself and didnt feel like stopping.

Sounds like you went through the Oakridge area. There's an atomic museum there.

Mutt