News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

The revision project phase 2

Started by Kid Jedi, September 20, 2009, 05:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Jedi

So now I am moving in to phase 2, how to upgrade the vision

After looking at each of the pieces of the disassembled engine, wow. Just wow.
And you say this is an 82 motor?! I am amazed at the level of innovation and technology in the bike. 1982 GPZ550 does not even deserve to be in the same league as this bike.  I was hopeing to design some high comp pistons and what not, but the pieces have a synergy, and if i change any part, such as pistion crown shape the squish factors of the combustion chamber will go to hell, the piston is already light weight, i would need to make a whole new crank because not much can be done with 2 piece rods.

so I am gonna turbo her instead. I am thinking of a G12 turbo with 7.5 lbs of boost. I am gonna do some work on the heads to drop the compression down to 9ish to keep down the chance of pre-det. also going to use and intercooler.

I can clean up the coolant joint pipes to the head with a dremel so i will see if that makes a large difference.

Also going to see if i can double the coolant pump RPM

Also going to mount an oil cooler between the turbo oil feed and the sump on the return side

The mega squirt should support computer controlled waste gate.

still going to get the cylinders plated and the gears done

Going to get the engine internals Melonite Processed

when all is said and done I should have a vision motor with 250k life and ~100hp and NO turbo lag.

and fuel injection of course

Got all the photos of the engine video, still working on editing them

I am having so much fun doing this project.! ;D
Loves to over think things.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Kid Jedi on September 20, 2009, 05:42:52 PM
Also going to see if i can double the coolant pump RPM

I'm sure you've thought of this, but be careful of cavitation on the impeller blades.

Brian

Re-Vision

Can tell that you are having a good time, like a little one in a candy store.  Hopefully as you do the video maybe we can support you with whatever you need to complete the project.  I see that used turbos are reasonably priced on Ebay.  Great project, wishing you the best with it.  BDC