News:

Main Menu

por 15

Started by Buffo, May 05, 2005, 06:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffo

i just ordered an 82 tank off of ebay and its not treated with anything. it has no rust or dents in or out. i have read many posts where you seasoned vision riders talk about por-15 and was wondering where you guys get it from. i figure if im going to treat it at all i might as well do it before i do anything else to the tank (like put it on or have it painted). dennis kirk and O'rielly dont carry it.

I was hoping one of the gurus could tell me:
1. how much do i need?
2. are there any prep kits or chems that i need to buy?
3. are there any tips or secrets to get the best possible treatment.

Buffo

YellowJacket!

I found this while going through the same thing as you:
http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=316

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Buffo
Here's the web address: www.por15store.com. I just bought a kit about 3 weeks ago and paid about 32 bucks. I am currently in the middle of doing my tank. In fact I'm on the last step now of coating it with the tank sealer. The kit says there is enough sealer with just the 8 ounces that come with it. However, I would invest in an extra 8 ounces just to be sure (another 9 bucks). All the directions come with the kit. With the size and angles of the vision tank it's hard to be sure your coating good. I'm using the full 16 ounces because this is the second time I'm doing this.
 The store is in Indiana and it only took 2 days to deliver to North Carolina.

I went with the inferior brand (Kreem) last time and paid the price. I should have read the forum post first.  ::)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lucky

a couple of notes:
Do NOT shake the POR prior to use.

there should be a toll free number on their site. call it & find out if they have a distributor localy. i discoverd a place 5 min from me that stocks it for only $2 more than the web price.

Th M/C kit has everything you need, follow the directions with the kit TO THE LETTER.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Paul_Jungnitsch

Even using the regular amount, I found there was extra that ran out after swishing it around. Don't let it get on anything you don't want a permanent grey color. I still have streaks on my shoes, coveralls, etc.