A Gooood ride to-day...

Started by Tiger, June 12, 2007, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 18, 2007, 02:41:06 PM
nobody said you can't have your GS buddies help you.

heck, my wife was trying to help me work on the project bike Sunday  >:(

no thanks, I don't need your help.....

"but I just want to hammer something"

"put down the hammer and slowly move away from the bike, dear"

jealousy can be such an ugly thing....

Even the GS buddies live to far away, VT CT MA Canada...  Closest two guys are in Portland and Greene which is still to far away for them to ride up and help (2+ hours each way)...

So far the only thing I've had the wife do to help me is hold the leads for the Voltmeter on the battery while I'm hitting the start button to see what the battery drops to under load.

Other then that she doesn't touch the tools for any of the vehicles.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Tiger

Quote from: dj on June 18, 2007, 12:38:35 PM
Quote from: Tiger on June 14, 2007, 06:38:32 PM
Quote from: dj on June 13, 2007, 08:34:34 AM
Sounds like you had a great time Tiger.  Hopefully once I get the caps changed out on the bike I can start having some rides like that.

Maybe get to ride together when I come down to N_V's in early September??

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Sounds great Tiger...  Just let me know when you will be coming through.  I've got plenty of leave and come September I'll be looking to take what ever is left over so I don't waste it.  I've got about 20 days of leave right now, and only 10-12 of it is allocated (camping/riding trip up to Moosehead with a bunch of guys from the GS Resources forum in late August).

:) I will let you know, as soon as N_V lets me know a def' date... ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

it's starting to look like the weekend of September 8
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 19, 2007, 07:43:08 AM

That is my wifes birthday, but I might be able to sneak out for a ride.   ;)  As long as I get her a good present that is.
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Tiger

Quote from: dj on June 19, 2007, 08:05:11 AM

That is my wifes birthday, but I might be able to sneak out for a ride.   ;)  As long as I get her a good present that is.

!!!...How about ANOTHER Vision... ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

That is my wifes birthday, but I might be able to sneak out for a ride.   ;) 

yeah, now there's a good idea. you can check the rule book, but I don't think you can get away with that until you've been married 20-25 years... let us know how that works out for you  :o

part of the reason why it could be that weekend is because my wife doesn't have to work that Saturday... she keeps telling her friends at work about all my "animal friends" ( Tiger, Wolf, Squid) and I know she's excited to meet them....

IF you can pull it off, you're welcome to come down as long as we can all call you "LobsterBoy" or sum'thin  ;D

oh yeah, BTW, we need to kidnap Squid... any volunteers?
;D

dj

Quote from: Tiger on June 19, 2007, 05:35:31 PM

!!!...How about ANOTHER Vision... ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

One of the two bikes will be hers if she ever decides to get her endorsement for motorcycles.  She keeps tossing around the idea of taking the Basic Riders Course, but she won't set firm answer and the local ones are one a 1.5-2 year waiting list.

NV - I wouldn't be able to sneak all the way down that way (unless I get her a REALY good present).  By the sounds of it Tiger might be coming through my area and if he is then I would hook up with him for a bit and show him around the local area (although there aint much to see around here).  I am going to be just getting back from a almost week long trip to Moosehead Lake the week before (and that is the aniversary weekend) so I doubt I would get the kitchen pass for that as well.

I'll have to see about getting a red bike as well and call it the Maine Lobstah...  ;D
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Night Vision

repaint the new one Lobstah... theme bikes are all the rage don'tcha know  :D
;D

dj

Quote from: Night Vision on June 19, 2007, 10:13:39 PM
repaint the new one Lobstah... theme bikes are all the rage don'tcha know  :D

Most likely wont be the new one, I'll have to find out what color the wife wants it to be as it will be her bike if she decides to ever go through the rider course.  It will be repainted at somepoint as the fairing is a rattlecan job.

I will be painting my bike once I get the mechanical issues taken care of.  Might just have to go with a nice red color and name her Lobstah.  My old bike was a red one and I really liked the way she looked.  Wasn't the prettiest bike, but she had "personality".  ;)
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)