News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Announcing the AZROV spring ride!!

Started by Rick G, April 07, 2008, 09:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwells

looks like me and inane will be doing the ride...we have some minor things to do first...u know engine swaps, carb cleanings, and fork seals...the usual basically
Maybe H20 might be interested in making the sojourn as well but havent talked to him about that.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

glennw

I hate to be a fuddy duddy... but it's the wrong time of the year for me.
May I suggest you host the CROV guys in early fall?
.. oh and I would be the trailer queen.. ;)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

kwells

well if you're referring to the CORoV that hasn't been discussed really.  I briefly talked to H20 about the possibility of doing something but that's about it so far. 
I'd be down for some sort of CO meet tho in the fall.

www.wellsmoto.com

Rick G

I planned on having a fall ride too !  Probably late september or early October.
Queens are fine, it makes hauling the carcase home , with a bad stator,    much easier.
I hope H20 can make it , but if not , then we three will soldier  on.  Coil is a definite maybe , time will tell.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

h2olawyer

I'll try my best to make it.  With everything else happening -- family & auto racing commitments, I can't promise anything at the moment.  I'm also wanting to do a Monument Valley ride - including a loop to Bryce Canyon & Zion National Parks.  That may have to wait for a year or two, though.  I think the photo ops for the V in Monument Valley could be spectacular!

However, the Oak Creek Canyon area would work well, too.  Any thoughts of heading to $edona?

According to Google Maps, it's about 12.5 hours from Denver to Kingman.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

I hope to get down to that part of the state a few times this summer.  I have tix to the Bluegrass Festival down in Telluride...should be great

www.wellsmoto.com

dminor

Rick,
  I would like to ride in AZ.
   I will be trailering the bike, 500 plus miles on the I-40 is more than I can take.
   Kwells, my trailer will hold 3 bikes, if you don't want to ride the I-40 we could meet in Moriarty or abq NM. Let me know.
Rick, I'll be traveling threw your area Thursday on my way to the CROV ride, maybe we could have a late lunch and a short ride.
Don;)

h2olawyer

Don -

From Ft. Collins - or Denver, to Albuquerque is all interstate as well.  If we ride down, we'll be taking the back roads.  However, since kwells has a limited time he can devote to the ride, he's probably trailering too.  I'll probably join him but may ride one direction or the other.  Want to get photos of my V in Monument Valley.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Rick G

Sounds like a plan Don .  I'll pm you my cell number.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike