Lower handlebars for the Vision

Started by Odium, June 08, 2005, 01:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odium

Are there two different height handlebars available for the Vision? Looking through the gallery I see some bikes appear to have fairly low bars. Mine are WAY too high for my taste. They look a little awkward since my bike has no fairing. If there are two different heights, does anyone have pictures to compare them? Or possibly an extra set of the lower bars they'd be willing to trade for mine? The alternative is...I have a spare set of bars that I am going to try cutting and welding to drop them about 4 inches. I'm also wondering how this could potentially change the feel of the bike. My primary bike is a Ducati Monster and I'm looking to get a similar feel to that.

h2olawyer

Odium -

The 82 bar risers are a couple inches taller than the 83s.  Some of the later 82s may have had the shorter risers installed by the dealers when they added the full fairings to some 82s to try & sell them.  The 83 risers are fairly rare but can be found on occasion.  Somebody here may have a set.  I may be able to take a few photos & get some measurements for you later this afternoon.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

any way you decide, tall risers, short risers, clip ons or baby ape hangers,,,, take the time to relearn how to handle the bike.  any change in the risers, fork slide height or even front tire sizes will change the way a vision responds to input .

i thought the lower bars were what i wanted, but i feel like i am going through the fairing every time i ride now, , am switching back to my taller risers . i will use those short ones on a polished triple tree setup, maybe use it , maybe sell it ,, time will decide .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Odium

Thanks for the input! I've only had about 5 chances to ride this thing in the last year I've owned it, so I don't have much of an expectation for how it handles. I practically have to relearn how to ride the thing everytime I get on it! If you'd be willing to part with the lower risers, I could sure use them. I suppose I should post something in the swap shop as well.