News:

Main Menu

Started by Lou, June 26, 2004, 05:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou

Hi
I am a new rider of a 83 vision that has done about 18k km and was bought for R4500 ie US$650. I have since found out the hard way what the most common problem/s are - rewinded the stator, replaced a RR (both because of a bad connection) and synchronizing the carbs. These repairs were done by a shop and cost me the same as the bike. I have since discovered this site and could have saved me lots of money by downloading manuals and tips. As I'm in South Africa spares are not as readily available so I might bug you guys for certain parts. Is there a "standard" mounting available for a top box or can I build one. If so - has anybody done that? What about the box itself? Any tips would be apreciated. (Tips on spelling also)    

Sable

I can only offer you tips on spelling and parts because I don't have a cargo box or anything like that on mine... Anyways, here's my tip for spelling:
     Type your message in Microsoft Word and run the spell check and then cut and paste it into the message window. I do this all the time because I am horrible at spelling ;D
     The best place to look for parts is a toss up between the swap shop on this board and e-bay.

~ Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

nvdranger

dont worry about the spelling, we will figure it out :D. i know there some anal retentive person on the sire thats gonna hate that statement ::)  good luck and welcome to the site.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.