September Ride in Syracuse pls RSVP if you can

Started by Night Vision, July 02, 2007, 08:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

ok, awhile back I said I was going to host a ride the weekend of September 8-9 at my place near Syracuse, NY... could start the 6th. or 7th. in case any Canadians need time to get used to the higher speed limits  ::)

might be the last chance for a border crossing without a passport, unless they keep changing that.

not too far from Maine either  ::)

I've been scouting routes and have the 200 mile loop south and east of Syracuse me and my brother meet up and ride....

A 50 mile and 100 mile loop north and east of Syracuse up around where mdskinner731 is, near the base of the Tug Hill Plataue...

could go down towards the Finger Lakes and hit the wineries......
or a poker / run bar hopping tour around Onieda lake (just kidding about the poker)

game on!!! any players?

Tiger is in   ;D  ..... he better come, I have the part he needs and will hold it hostage  ;)
Brian Matthewson   :-\ - tentative
Zore   :-\ -  tentative
CdnLouie - is in  ;D
jasonm. - is getting closer  ;)

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

8) Hooooooya...Book old Tiger in for a couple of nights at the the N_V bar 'n grill ;D ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I'll bring down some good CANADIAN beer for you and your bro' to help you sleep at night ;D :D :D... ;) I want you both well rested if yer gonna take on us Canadian boy's, (and maybe some girl's), in your own back yard ::) ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... :P

Looking forward to it N_V...A combined CanAm_ROV... 8) 8) 8)

Come on boys 'n girl's, get your name's in the ring. Here is a chance for you to put name's 'n face's together, spread some B.S. and have some fun... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Brian_Matthewson

I'll be testing the durability of my shoulder on longer rides over the summer.
If it checks out OK, count me in!
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

Night Vision

you probably won't believe this.... but my brother won't be there >:( >:( .. he's going to be on vacation out west with my mommy and daddy  :o :o

I really do have a brother... he has the Red Vision with the K&G backrest... gold wheels.. takes lots of vacations....
So far he's missed two rides up north and will miss this one...

guess I'll have to post a picture of this elusive Rider of Vision just so yall don't think I'm lying (or have too many Visions hiding out at my place  :D )...
;D

zore

Ignore the message i sent.  It's a bit far away to be able to say but count me in tenativly.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Cdnlouie

Hey Dave I would love to come, got to leave Saturday afternoon, but could come down early Friday.  Bad weekend for me with an event on my schedule, but will try to do something.

Hey, I may be coming down your way in about 2 weeks, trying to make up my mind about which way to go out to the east coast, your side of the lake or mine?  I could do with some coaching on a nice route through to Maine as I am going up to New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island for a little cruise.  Time to blow a few cobwebs out of the Venture.

Thanks for the nice invite,

Night Vision

Sounds good... we'll firm things up as we get closer...

as far as going to PEI via Maine..... if you took my side of the lake, you could take the NYS Thruway (boring, but less hairy than the 401) to Syracuse, stay over if you wnat to, and go cross lots through the Adirondaks and Vermont... dj would know more of whats up thataway...

speaking of the 401 or 402, whatever that camera toll road was, the Spainards haven't sent me a bill yet  :D :D
;D

Cdnlouie

Hey, thanks again for invite, I would love to stop by and see your new project, I will give you a shout if it looks like I am going to be in your neigborhood.  Definitely, some nice country to your east.

I really hate the 401, but it gets you to where you want to go (if you're lucky). The New York route is a bit more civilized that is for sure.  Good luck on avoiding the 407 tolls, hopefully they are bluffing about the charges for out-of-state plates, you deserve to get a free ride, just for visiting.

Enjoy the great weather,

Night Vision

Quote from: Cdnlouie on July 02, 2007, 11:49:23 PM
Hey, thanks again for invite, I would love to stop by and see your new project....

umm... don't be dissapointed if you just see a frame and boxes of parts.... my goal is to get things ready for assembly this winter... wife doesn't like it when I paint indoors during the winter  :P
;D

Cdnlouie

No worrries, we can hash over some of your finished projects. I wanted to take a closer look at your oil cooler.  I need to do that this winter so good to pick your brain on that one.  I have all the parts but ran out of time this year.  The Venture soaked up my winter with a new backrest design and customization (got rid of the huge trunk and set up a soft side expandable/collapseable luggage), new sound system, rebuilt suspension linkage and added passenger armrest custom job also.  So by the time I got everything powder coated and set up right the winter and spring was gone.

The Vision got her custom backrest powder coated and tweaked this year and a set of new plugs, but that was it.  It's a good thing we get winter here or else we never be able to fix anything. Of course Tiger kept me busy with rebuilding his carbs, doing Brian's forks, etc. so hey, the time disappeared.

Talk to you soon,

inanecathode

louis were you in blackhawk the other day? There was a fairly customized venture in the garage i noticed.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Cdnlouie

Nope! That was another fella.  I'm kickin around Toronto these days, but you know you are on the way to my grandson's in Monterey, Ca (west of San Jose on the coast).  When I get the time I am coming on out that way.  You don't want to rush out there and back, lot's to see.  I may even trailor the Vision out some time to do some exploring.  I have to get the trailor first, but it is on my list.  Tiger and I were wishing we could have done the Colorado trip this year.  I think we could get a Cdn contingency together sometime.  All the planets have to align, but it can happen.

jasonm.

So you could not pick a warmer time?  just kidding. For me, It's about a 5 hour ride to Syracuse...If memeory serves me.  I think we could all meet at Watkins Glen...Maybe ...ride it.  Yes, I'm dreaming. Keep me in the loop.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Cdnlouie on July 03, 2007, 07:35:49 PM
Monterey, Ca (west of San Jose on the coast). 

Hmm, I think I'm familiar with that area  ;D

For the people who like pictures with their posts, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk...

Brian (no, you can't see my house from this shot.)

Night Vision

Quote from: jasonm. on July 03, 2007, 07:58:22 PM
So you could not pick a warmer time?  just kidding. For me, It's about a 5 hour ride to Syracuse...If memeory serves me.  I think we could all meet at Watkins Glen...Maybe ...ride it.  Yes, I'm dreaming. Keep me in the loop.

Watkins Glen... I'll have to check to see if they let crusty old men and dirty old bikes on the track.... or was that dirty old men and crusty old bikes  ???

gawd... that's all we need is a bunch of V's trying to beat out Danica..... ok , I'm in... Zore?
Early September is not cold in Syracuse..... that's right after the annual NYS State Fair 90 deg. heat wave
;D

kwells

yeah...I think mud season is just about over in sept for syracuse

:P
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Night Vision

Well, riding the Glen is out.... Zippo US Vintage Gran Prix September 7-9, but that's the closing event so being there might be cool...

let me know if there's any interest... that could be part of a Finger Lakes ride
;D

abogado68

You lucky guys, enjoy the ride. I'm jealous. Too bad I'm south of the border, but maybe somebody wants to ride with me in November and drink some Coronas ;D :D

jasonm.

I think this Syracuse ride is a great idea. Just remember the AMAERICADE in Lake George. Is right in the middle of the Northeast. I have been going there every year since '85. It's the first week in June. I suggest next year we get as many Visions as possible there at Yamaha test ride tent(Fort William Henry). They are nice folks...Yamaha.  Seeing an '83 Vision was a treat for them. They gave me some freebies.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules