4th Annual CROV Fall Ride Sept. 28-29-30 Motel info added!!

Started by glennw, July 26, 2007, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

CROV folks.... we have a plan...

The Fourth Annual CROV Fall Run.. ;)
This will make the 7th CROV gathering...  :o

Motel info:   
Best Western Mountain Inn
418 W Tehachapi Boulevard,  Tehachapi,  CA,  93561-1638
Phone: 661-822-5591
Distance from City Center: 0.35m / 0.56km

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do

If you ask for the Walker party they will try and group the rooms together
for maximun bench racing sessions over a few cold ones...

Ron, Has agreed to show us his curvy ride to work in Tehachapi.
It's also only a few miles to the famed Lion's Trail and other great roads
including those around Johnsondale!  ;D

We had 13 Visons last fall (I think 11 actually made the runs!)  ;D
It's time to set a new record people...
Late September is a most beautiful time in central California!  8)
Vision Addicts.. what's your excuse ???

Someone bring a video Camera so we can show the east coast
V riders the kind of curves we have out here !!!!!!   :o

Here is the confirmed list.. if you are not here.. well what can I say..  :'(

Ron McCoy
Chris (Visionless)
GlennW
X Vision
Tanno
Les
Coil
X-Vision
Supervision
VisionMeister

Tentative:  ???
Alewulf
K Wells

Can't make it:
Brian M
Steve
H20

... Maybe you Colorado guys can get over the mountain in late September..

GlennW
Half Mad Max

kwells

Hey H20...you up for a short trip? ;) ;D :o
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Could be a little iffy riding over the hump that time of year.  I'll see how things look as the dates draw closer & get more finalized.  November in Death Valley would be wonderful, though.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

would be chilly getting up to the tunnel and Vail Pass but would warm up after a couple hours.  May have some snow on the ground around there but you have snow tires right?

www.wellsmoto.com

h2olawyer

Just ordered the studdable Avons.  Will look into a set of chains as well . . .   ;D

Actually, it's a good excuse to go buy a Buell Ulysses or a BMW R1200GS.  Maybe a Ural with sidecar?   ???

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kwells

there u go...of course the V could get some new dual sport shoes as well

www.wellsmoto.com

Superfly

Hmmm Guess it's time to dust off the Vision... Have not touched it since it spun the berring.. she has been sitting in the corner, thinking about what she did!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

VisionMeister

Ron McCoy was thinking of hosting one at Johnsondale, depending on Sharon's recovery from some scheduled surgery. Hoping all goes well.
I would opt for Johnsondale as the curvy road factor is very strong, and one central location makes it much simpler. Also much closer than Death Valley.

glennw

That would work... let's hear what Ron's thinking??
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

My life is completely in chaos now, so I won't commit now.  However, things may look better in the near future. 

I'll be changing jobs soon, I landed a position at ILM.

Brian

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

Brian Moffet

Quote from: kwells on July 27, 2007, 01:59:14 PM
Lucas ILM?

Yup, that would be them.  I'll be working on their distributed computing system...

Aelwulf

Nice. :)

I should be out there by then we'll have to see about status of the bike then and work schedule. ;)

Ah, such fun to be out riding...
*thunk*
What was that?!

'82 Yamaha Vision XZ550RJ
'07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak Special Edition (VN1600B)

kwells

www.wellsmoto.com

Brian Moffet

Yup, a really big render farm.  I'll be doing operating system development (among other things) for them.

Ron_McCoy

We have to check with our Johnsondale connection to see when we could have it there. Also they had a fire there while we were enjoying the riding in Colorado so we need to see the extent of the damage. I see a ride coming upp.  We might just have one based here in Tehachapi, less than 20 miles to the Lion's Trail.  Give us a few days to do some research.

supervision

Hello Vision riders,  I'm up with any ride, just name one, I'll do it!    Brian's new job? , what's render farm mean? 
" border="0

Tanno

Computer graphics rendering (creating).

Rendering farm -- a network of computers collectively working together on rendering graphics.

Am I incorrect?
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

h2olawyer

A good, simple explanation of the Wikipedia definition.  I had to google "render farm".  Got several links, but chose the one from Wikipedia.  Instead of using the newer, increased computing power to do computer graphics faster, they use them to go for higher realism. 

Would have never learned this if I wasn't borderline "Urban Amish".   ;D

H2O

Tanno

At one time, I had thought of being a network admin. I didn't look this up.
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown