News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

2009 OnROV Spring Ride...

Started by Tiger, January 04, 2009, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Wahoooooo, only...

8).......SIX WEEKS TO GO AND COUNTING....... 8)
:) By now you should all have your Vision's up, running and raring to go... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

fiddlesticks

Now all we need is the damned snow to stop. :'(
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"

Night Vision

mine needs a bath and should be good to go... got pretty muddy out there Sunday  ::)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Kenny

Nice Day here!! (Köhln Bon) 8) 8) although I did have both V's up and running sounded a lot like spring.!!
    Dorothy's R/W needed  a starter I think after 103,560 kms the brushes are shot, I replaced the seal around 35,000kms.
    Anyhow both are ready to head of to the Tiger Hotel !!!
            Can't wait.
               On the Road again...  Ken S. ;)   
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

Quote from: Kenny on April 06, 2009, 08:36:01 PM
Dorothy's R/W needed a starter I think after 103,560 kms the brushes are shot,   

Anyhow both are ready to head of to the Tiger Hotel !!! Can't wait. On the Road again...  Ken S. ;)   

Superb Kenny/Dorothy, your room will be ready for you. We look forward to seeing you both 8) Are you coming on the Friday PM or Saturday AM  :-\

I get the replacement brushes from a wee shop in Streetville for $10.00 each... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Tiger

:) Looks like our last snows of winter have been and gone, well going!!! ::) Hopefully I can go ridin' on Saturday or Sunday 8)

Canadian_Lou will be looking after the Saturday main ride...hey, he volunteered ;D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

The B.B.Q at my place on Saturday evening will take place as normal...good food, good booze, good banter with great people = one superb night!!! 8)

I'll have "Goodie Boxes" for all those attending, which may or may not contain  ::): Penetrating fluid, Red RTV Silicone, spray grease, loctite, hand cleaner, pipe dope, AA/AAA batteries, etc, etc. These products are ALL industrial grade and come from the company I work for or my competitor's!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

xswheels

Say Tiger, how are you making out with searching for nearby motel rates, and round trip taxi fares?  The only online rate i could find was the Best Western in Orangeville at $380 for Fri.Sat.

Tiger

:) Regarding motels try: http://www.norpeelmotel.ca/index.html or Atlanta Motel, (519) 941-8280...they are a LOT cheaper than the one and only new hotel!!! These are approx' 15 minutes from my place...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Blurred Vision

Hey Mr.John, you can add another vision to the list BLURRED VISION and my friend Jane will be camping at alora gorge that weekend and would love to tour around with you guys. I will contact you later.
   Sincerely Jason WHittington 5198602940.
Jay

Tiger

Quote from: Blurred Vision on April 16, 2009, 08:02:43 AM
Hey Mr.John, you can add another vision to the list BLURRED VISION and my friend Jane...

8) SUPERB Jay, great to hear from you again and I look forward to riding with you and Jane once more brother... 8)

Sadly, we have lost an ever present at the OnROV rides... :'( due to family commitments, (which always come first in my book), NightVision won't be able to join us for the Spring ride :'( However, there WILL be other rides to get together through 2009 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

8) Ooooooooh, only...

8).......FOUR MORE WEEKS BOYS AND GIRLS....... 8)
...To the 2009 OnROV Spring Ride 8) 8) 8)

8) By now you will have had your Vision out for a shake down ride or three, cleaned out the cobwebs, done your servicing, etc, fried some of those heartless wee gremlins to a crisp and are sitting there patiently waiting for this great event to happen 8) on the other hand... ::) .... ;D :D :D :D :D... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Art' (aka Lil'Blaster) sold his '82 today but will be keeping/riding his '83 8) The new owner is a friend of mine and will, hopefully, be joining us for the ride... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Blurred Vision

Well Mr John Looks like we will be camping at Elora gorge for the May 24 weekend, not soo far from y'all lol. Had some issues with the paint this winter, i took the cover off of her to find most of the paint has flaked off the top of the gastank, this would be due to the fact that I used furniture lacquer instead of automotive paint. I have managed to repair and touch up the tank with the clever use of some flat black rust paint, she still looks mean, and runs great. Those 83 risers have really saved my back. I'll try and get a pic of the new flat black accents.
Jay

Tiger

Quote from: Blurred Vision on April 24, 2009, 10:58:45 AM
Those 83 risers have really saved my back.

8) Pleased that they worked out for you and got you back into the saddle buddy...Looking forward to seeing you and your re-restored Vision 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

Nearly time boys and girls...only...

8).......TWO WEEKS UNTIL THE 2009 OnROV SPRING RIDE... 8)

...are you and your Vision's ready yet :-\ Ya better be amigo's  :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We will have kev10104 (Red/White '83) and xswheels (Black '82) joining us for the first time, welcome guy's...and soon we will have three more joining us...all recent '82 owner's 8)

Looking forward to meeting up and riding with you ALL veeeery soon... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) Beast, our latest ROV/OnROV member, will be joining us on his recently rebuilt Blue '82...

That makes...

8).......THIRTEEN VISIONS....... 8).......THIRTEEN VISIONS...... 8).......THIRTEEN VISIONS ....... 8) ...for this years spring ride!!! plus our non-Vision friend's... 8)

:) I am soooooooooo looking forward to it 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)                         

Blurred Vision

Was wondering if that red Vision was still available the one you emailed me about. Jane has the bike fever and needs to get riding badly ! 800.00 would be about right.
Jay

Tiger

Quote from: Blurred Vision on May 04, 2009, 09:06:59 AM
Was wondering if that red Vision was still available the one you emailed me about. Jane has the bike fever and needs to get riding badly ! 800.00 would be about right.

:) Nope, its gone...However, I have emailed you regarding another one for $500.00...but you must get onto it A.S.A.P... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

:) I had lunch with Canadian_Lou today to discuss the ride details he is working on...its going to be an enjoyable ride boys 'n girls 8)

PLEASE NOTE.
Saturday meet time/location...We will meet at "The Breezy Corners restaurant" at 8.45 a.m. sharp for breakfast...Please aim to be there on time!!!

The restaurant is located, as some of the "old timers" are aware ::) :D :D, on Hwy #6, on the EAST SIDE (next to a PetroCanada gas station) between Hwy #401 and Hwy #403...approx' 10 minutes from the 401/403.

Those people who wish to ride there with me...I will leave my place at 8.00 a.m. sharp!!!

We will return to my place for approx' 5/5.30 p.m. to eat, drink and shoot the breeze...Come ready to enjoy yourself with a good bunch of friends...new and old alike 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

kev10104

I am looking so forward to this ride.