Problems with carb and engine turn on

Started by Serch, February 03, 2009, 06:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serch

Here, you can view my carb

I cleaned my carburetor and I have not scored the rounds of the screws.  I know I have to act on three screws, high, low and idle...  Can tell me the number of this screws??

In the table, tells me they are 2'5 laps, but the low or high?

Thx, Sergio
Excuse my poor english. I'm spanish!!

xswheels

I can help you out, i recently dipped and adjusted the carbs on my XS360 which is similar to your XS400. The three adjustment screws you need to know about are the mixture screw; idle screw and synchronize screw.
If you look at the diagram titled Chapter 4 Carburetion, the syncro screw is number 15 and the idle adjustment screw is number 18. I don't see the mixture adjustment screw on any of the drawings. Quite often manufacturers don't show them because they prefer you don't change the adjustment for EPA reasons. In fact sometimes like with the Vision they put a blanking plug in front of the screw so you don't mess with them. This screw is located  on the side of the carb near the intake manifold at the top of the carb throat. It is brass.
One other thing I should mention regarding the idle screw is it may not be a typical screw, but more likely a plastic thumb screw white in colour. it is best accessed with the tank off and standing above the carbs looking straight down. it is at the rear between the carb boots.

Serch

OK.

The believe that the screw of the mixture is in View A the screw 1; or in chapter 4 up to number 17

My problem now is that the bike don't turn on!! and I don'k know why!!

I put gasoline in the tank of carb, the spark plug is OK...

Night Vision

turn the petcok to "prime" and wait some time
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Serch

Night Vision

Serch, you have XS400 carbs on your Vision?  ???
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Serch

NO, I have the Yamaha XS400 with the front fork, brakes... of the vision

As you can see, this two bikes are more similar

vadasz1

Black motor......ccccccoooooollllll!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

joevacc

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

The Prophet of Doom

Looks a little like the illegitimate love child of a vision and a maxim
No wonder you are having trouble with the carbs  ;D

Serch

My mistake. The two main jet are different in the two carbs, and mixed them.. in the carb left I put the main jet of the right..

My other mistake, mixed the connector of the coils. The coil left was connected to the spark plug left but the signal connector on the right!!

Now, I have to carburator...

Thx, Sergio