It’s Ride Time: Smokey Valley Vision Rally

Started by Lucky, February 20, 2009, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Ok, Listen up!
It's time to start planning 2009 rides. Here in East Tennessee there are tons of great places to ride, not just the Dragon, although it is fun.

I would really love to present a large ROV contingent. (Kia, if you can't ride, at least pilot the safety cage...!)

On June 4th – 7th (Thurs –Sun) Loudon County (where I live) is sponsoring the Smokey Valley Rally. The Rally will feature planned rides every day for all registered attendees. Planned rides include RT 129/the Dragon, Fall Creek Falls, Cherohala Skyway & a Poker Run.

Attendees can also take a riverboat breakfast or dinner cruise on the Watts Bar Belle riverboat and kayak on the Tennessee river, among other activities.

This inaugural rally will give riders an opportunity to ride the twists of the Dragon and a host of lesser known roads during this long weekend of live music, street parties, self guided tours and one of the largest arts and craft festivals in the South.

Smokey Valley Rally activities will begin daily, rain or shine, at Loudon Municipal Park at 8:30 am. Daily passes are $10 and an event pass for all four days is only $25.
The Event will include live music by the Dixie Werewolves at the Park, along with contests, Vendor displays and demonstrations & concessions.

There is ample hotel & motel space in the area, located right off exit 72 on I75, & I have some crash space available in my humble home, or if you like, you may camp on the lawn.  I have a weeks+ vacation due, so I'll have the whole weekend off. I'll be more than happy to provide 3 squares, laundry & hot shower services, etc, but I will ask that everyone chips in.  I don't mind feeding the masses, I just can't afford to...

At this time, Dave is working that weekend, so I'm not sure what his plans are.  I'm 5 minuets from the Park, Dave is about 40 minuets N.E of me.

For general information about the Rally call Loudon Parks & Recreation at 865 986-6822 for info on accommodations see www.visitloudoncounty.com. and
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/calendar/122_0902_smoky_valley_rally/index.html

My contact info:
(Eight-six-five)  four-five-eight,  six-five-nine-four
Or luckyvision@hotmail.com

Come Ride in Tennessee, it's all it's good for!  ;D

--Lucky

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Lucky

It's sad that not one person is interested...

Walt_M.

It isn't that I'm not interested but I would have to take time off work and I can't really afford to.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Rick G

Its not that I'm not interested , but its just too far and would require too much monetary investment.
Would love to see it some day!! :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

ProfessorRex

I'm interested.  It's a nuts long ride, but I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: 3000+ miles round trip... lets call that a 'long term goal'.  I would really like to make it, this is my last summer before I go into the Corps.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

YellowJacket!

I'm interested its just that I'm working and have used up most of my time off for exams next week and reserved for school visits.
Although, someone called in the other day because they just didn't "feel good".  If they can get away with that, I can call in with a bad case of Vision Fever...or Monkey Butt.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

"Hi, I can't come in to work today because I'm having problems seeing..."  Seeing myself at work....

Brian

Quote from: YellowJacket! on February 25, 2009, 08:00:49 PM
If they can get away with that, I can call in with a bad case of Vision Fever...or Monkey Butt.

Night Vision

Quote from: Lucky on February 24, 2009, 12:28:54 PM
It's sad that not one person is interested...

peeps in the N.E. might be going to Americade that same timeframe
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

motoracer8

Lucky, I heard the Honda Hoot has been cancled for 09, I was there a few years ago. Great riding around the area.

Ken G.
83 Vision and 11 others, Japanese, German and British

Lucky