Main Menu

MPG

Started by wolfman, May 19, 2004, 06:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfman

Have done MPG checks on the last two tanks.  She's getting a consistant 42.2 MPG combined city/highway.  Good?  Bad?  How are you guys doing?  Of note even with the dead stater and R/R, MPG was the same...

joevacc

I'm averaging about 35 mpg.  My bike has never really done any better in all it's life.  In the early days when I was younger I think I was getting even worse mileage.  I rode harder and had a thing about getting to speed as fast as possible.  

I wonder if running larger tires has anything to do with it?

Wolfman, do you have the original size tires on your bike?

I'll be interested in what others have to say.

JV
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Rick G

The best its done is  211 miles on a tank , right to the bottom when it ran out. It works out to 49. mpg it was mostly highway at 70/75 mph.
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

wolfman

QuoteI wonder if running larger tires has anything to do with it?

Wolfman, do you have the original size tires on your bike?

I'll be interested in what others have to say.

JV

YUP Stock size tread matched IRC's.  I am a "conservative" rider so "high peformance" ($$$) rubber is of no use or importance to me.  I waste no time getting up to speed, but am also in great hurry to downshift either...

Brian Moffet

I run 120s on the back, and 110 on the front (usual for a lot of us) and I get about 50 mpg.  With higher speeds, it drops a bit.  

I don't think I ever have gotten as low as 35, but I am also a very conservative rider.  I don't do a lot of hard accelerations.

Brian                                                      

Walt_M.

I thought I was the only one who would admit to running a 110 on the front! Somebody even said I was an idiot for it but I don't care, I like it that way. My mileage ranges from 34-48, depending on how hard I ride, how bad my petcock is leaking and traffic.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Brian Moffet

Well, I've been running a 110 on the front and 120 on the back for about 35000 miles.

(no silly, not the same tires...)

MotorPlow

I average 45 to 50 MPG.  I just put new tires on, so will have to see what they bring.  Avon SuperVenom.

Chris

glennw

I average about 45 mpg, if I not romping on it...
..then it's 38-40. I must have put a gallon of POR in the tank along the line because its sure does not seem hold close to the advertised amount.
Glennw
Half Mad Max

GA_Wolf

I'm getting 37 - 40 mpg....

jone

I took a spin last saturday,and drove 198 km,refilled it,
8 litres went in ,that means: about 4litres/100km
quick calculation means 60miles/gall?
front 125 rear 130 ,might be small error there but defenitly
more than 50mpg. I was suprised

wolfman

I figure that to be right around 54 MPG.  Impressive, especially with gas prices what they are!