News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Newbie smells....other newbies with same issues.

Started by Back_in_the_Saddle, May 24, 2004, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back_in_the_Saddle

I just erased mosy of this post cuz things have changed. Found oil in the starter which I think is why it was dying. Cleaned it out and put a "new" seal on. Seems to be holding. It seems like the engine is not engaging. When I try to start it, this is hard to explain. If you listen to Mintwax's firing engine, http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mintwax@sbcglobal.net . The first time he trys to start it you can hear a low constant boom in the back. I do not get this. Mine fires that boom once or twice. My feeling is vacuum leak. Help!

scootertramp

Have you done all the stator tests ?cause it reads as if you ain't getting a STRONG ENOUGh SPARK from the stator OUT PUT. it don't matter what you do iffen you TCI ain't getting what it needs.
Is the RR goode? A BAD DIODE will kill a goode battery snap quick.  check the ENTIRE charging system..
then is the YICS leaking? and finally check VISUALLY with a light all the carb tubes and components. is it all hooked up and functioning properly?
is it getting a clean steady gas flowe.
I have mine (petcock)turned so it POURS out of the tube when unhooked.. I leave it there all the time..
 I take a ?lookie in my INLINE filter and I can SEE CLEAN steady passage of fuel. ?
if all that is goode then go on to setting the air screws
by turning them in all the way(not tightly) and backing them out four turns and a piece of turn to begin. better to have them a little rich mixture for the goode of the bike rather than leaner for reasons that will soon become apparent as you further your motorsickleinosityness which is, I believe, the technical term..
then new battery(hey)
I redid the coil wires,and boots making sure they were very good and tightly joined and just right for the high voltage work. plugs gapped correctly?..
hey I quadruple checked all that and a ton of other stuff too. .. Mine cranked after three grinds.
VROOM!
I put two thousand miles on the stator till it quit charging.
I just rewound mine and did the starter clutch(LOOSE) and the other fixx you do at the same time and it's charging almost perfectly within specs so far..
now here's the kicker I KNEW NOTHING when I began..
other than you put gas and oil in it.
I tried to sell it and cussed it and ignored ?it even, ?but it MADE me fix it.
NOW it keeps looking at me everytime I walk by it. ?..
 and says stuff. Stuff like: Hey mean boy?  heeey rocket bike boy?want some candy?  550 gots you some "candeeey"!
get up here and crank me up and lets go for a little bitty ride and when we hit ninety I'll give you that  rush you was a'wantin'.. ?yeah' it'll be  real sweet to ya' only it'll be a bit windy and noisy and kinda dangerous so you'd best wear your hide and a lid and some of them wraparound shades to keep beetles out of your eyeball juice and then you best hold on really tightly..
hey rocket boy? ?want some candy? 8)
Damn "freak bike"..
IT's a VISION.   82. 550. water-cooled and shaft drive.
yes'm water-cooled just like a car.
No. no chain. it has a shaft drive like a car.
well no mamm I don't wish i had a car.
well, when it rains I have to find a dry spot.
cause this is a