It's alive!

Started by X-Vision, March 27, 2009, 11:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Vision

Finally had the 550 Monster out on a test ride. I must of put in around 65 miles. It doesn't like to go under 3k rpm. It can use a little work on the carbs, it runs like a two stroke! Like a bat out of HELL! It looks like I will have it ready by the CROV Spring Rally! I just got in, it got dark on me or I would of gone A LOT FURTHER....Still can't put up pics for some reason.

VisionMeister

Is this the one with the big motor?

X-Vision

I'm not sure of the bore but I have documentation on: Megacycle cams, RD valve springs, milled head, Jetted carbs, K&N filter, and timing info. The forks are off a V-Max, calipers are from a FZR, pegs and master cylinder are FZ, handle bars came from a Suzuki RG-500, with black Mac exhaust and a Works Performance rear shock. It really get's up and goes!!!!!!!!!!

vadasz1

Are there any pics of this legendary Monster?  If so post please.
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

X-Vision

I'm having a hard time posting. Can I send you a couple pics so that you may try?

vadasz1

sure , send them to my addy in my profile.

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

vadasz1

kev10104

That's a sweet looking bike.

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!