Main Menu

need help

Started by zore, May 06, 2009, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zore

So i'm tooling thru deals gap when all of a sudden the rear tire locks and i hear what sounds like the starter spinning at high speeds.  I haven't ripped it apart yet but i'm sort of thinking starter clutch.  It did it about 3 times  but was fine on the return trip.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

funkamongus

awwww,, that sucks... I just did the starter clutch repair,, its no great big thing ,, its not easy getting the flywheel off,, but all the rest is easy.. Check you other gears while you're in there.. My balancer shaft gear and timing gear were both loose.. Gotta fold down the locking tab, tighten and fold BOTH tabs back up to lock.. ah I see you're a senior member so Im not telling you anything you dont already know!!!  sorry to hear it Zore, good luck getting her back to good!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

don_vanecek

Zore, sure sorry to hear what happened to you, what a bummer! Sorry but I have no idea what gremlin has infected your bike but I will watch for a post when you find out what it was-certainly not a problem we see happen to these bikes very often (thank goodness). Glad you didn't have to buy another new riding outfit (maybe some cleaning up). Hopefully some of the members that have been "internal" on these engines will have some ideas.

Tiger

:) That's a bummer :(

The only way to tell is pull the left side engine cover, flywheel, etc...

or...you could remove the inspection cover and peek inside using a flash light :-\  :o  >:(

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!