News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

NERov Summer Ride Count Down

Started by Night Vision, April 16, 2009, 09:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

hmmm, that would make me think that you think I have a plan or something ::) .....

'member when you, Kenny and I went for a ride that Thursday?

"dang it's hot... let's head for them hills"

I tried planning a route using google.... it kept loopin back on me.... I'll try again...

if all else fails, we can use my fancy new navigation system

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Cdnlouie

I sent you a trial route from Yahoo Maps.  It seemed to work. It allows you to save your map and email it out to anyone.  You can enter start and finish address and then click and drag the map to go anywhere you want on the map.  It then plans your route out real nice and pretty. Let me know if you get it.  I am still checking to see if I can send it to my GPS.

Night Vision

yeah, I tried the wahoo click and drag... it works on simple routes,,, but trying to manipulate it to go down the roads you want to go down... I end up with loopty hoops
;D

Cdnlouie

Bing maps seems to work quite nice (the windows live stuff).  However, something is still not working to send it to my GPS and you can't save it like goggle.  I did discover some nice garmin software (Mapsource) for routing so I will see if I can get familiar with that.  The GPS stuff has a steep learning curve but I think it is going to be nice once I get there.  Goggle is supposed to pair with it too and I had it working but something happened recently.  This techonology stuff continues to be a love/hate relationship for me  :D.

jasonm.

Twistier the better...as I know my brake set up can slooooow me down in a hurry.  Are we confirmed on the date?
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Night Vision

;D

Tiger

Friday 7th, Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th August 2009
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

jasonm.

update-I have made my reservations at Holdiay Inn... :)

Night Vision

I know it must be getting close because my starter is starting to poop out   :P

so, lately I've been carrying a starter hammer with me until I change my oil for the trip and pop in another starter  ;D

this starter had the nose seal replaced, but not the brushes.... they looked fine 15,000 miles ago  ::)
;D

Cdnlouie

We have local access to starter brushes here NV if you need them  :).

jasonm.

My starter is fine. But when only using Amsoil the clutch skips sometimes. The Amsoil guy said ,"they changed the formula". So I tried it again...still slips...sometimes. YES, my 12.9 grade bolts are staked and loctited.  Like I said it's only w/Amsoil. At $10+/qt. I am not taking it out with only 200 miles on it. So you'll hear it when I see you in August.  It is truly slippery stuff.

Night Vision

hey, I got new oil in mine.... yamalube 20-50

we can dump both oils, mix them together, and get a semi...

I stopped using the Mobil 20-50 syn when my starter clutch stated skipping
;D

jasonm.

of all the synthetic...Mobil has it skipping the least. BUT I find more flecks on my drain magnet. Next time I am going back to simple synthetic Syntec 20w50 castrol which never slipped...I used to get at WalMart.

joevacc

Hey Dudes!

Good news bad news...   the good... I'm gonna make it!  the bad...  I have to work on Friday.  I'll land in NYC at 10:30pm, couple hour drive up to the house...  get up at 4:30pm for a 5:00am departure to your place NV.  If I can't make it on time for the rides departure I'll catch up to you guys on the ride.  (this will be easy because, of course I have the fastest Vision!)  8) 8)

Got a reservation at the motel by your place.   ;D

Looking forward to it!

P.S. save the some of Ukrainian delights for me!   ;) :D

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

that's great... I was going to post a T-Minus 2 weeks notice to confirm who's coming and when... so here it is...

T-MINUS TWO WEEKS... YOU IN?

Night Vision - I'd better  :D
Jason - YES
Joe Vacc - YES
Tiger - YES
;D

Tiger

8) Ya better believe it bro'...I'm coming, be there on Friday 7th, for sure... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

wolf

I'm in...I'll be coming down from Montreal after a ride date in the Laurentians with the Cub. Hoping to link up with Tiger at the border on the friday.cheers for now,guys----wolf.

Night Vision

good timing on the reply.... I just asked Tiger..

stop by and pick up Kenny on the way down to Tiger's   ;)
;D

Tiger

:) N_V... I've just sent out an email to ALL the Canadian OnROV rider's to chase up on who is (or isn't!!) coming... ;) Up to now there is Kenny, Wolf and I... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

remind them they need passports or "enhanced" driver licenses (if you have those on that side)
;D