News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

New page added -- Keyster carb kit details

Started by Lucky, December 14, 2003, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

here are the contese of the Keyster carb kit for the 83 carbs, note it only does one carb, not one set.
http://www.geocities.com/lucky_142/keyster.html
--Lucky

P.s. I just noticed, at the bottom of the text I wrote "throttle shaft screws" it should have read "throttle shaft seals & butterfly screws. i'll have to fix that later...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

jasonm.

If you look at the diaphragm parts. I believe the gasket and clear reed won't fit on an '83. The screw spacing is different from an '82. And pump gasket and clear piece appear to have the '82 spacing while the diaphragm rubber part has the '83 spacing.  I bought one of these kits.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

I have this kit, it fit fine (Possably they modified it a bit?)

jasonm.

I looked at your pic and the kit I have. The screw spacing is the same as I described. The diaphragm will fit. But the other parts...not with the accel pump. Unless I have made a memory error.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Lucky

well I know the controll valve parts fit, I have them in already.  i'll take the carbs apart tonight and check on the pump diaphram for you

Kenny

Hi Lucky,
     Just re-reading the older note you had done on the Keyster carb kit  parts for the 83's & I see in your notes that the Pilot jets are the wrong ones in the kits. ie 125's instead of 140's. This kit was right as it was a Canadian 83 carb that Keyster sent overseas and they all come with 125's.Even the Manual lists 125's.
     Food for thought !
                Cheers Ken Stuart      
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

nvdranger

man I hate not havin an 82 carb kit!!!  that accelerator pump diaphram cost me $25 alone from yamaha, those bastards.  I'm done ranting know.  Good work Lucky.

Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

Lucky

something I didn't know (I'm sure there's more than you think! lol) Kenny can you give us the run-down on what the Cdn jets should be all the way around?

Nvd, they are supposed to have 82 kits sometime soon... as I'm told.
-Lucky

Kenny

Yes, As below:  Cdn 83's
                         Front         Rear
          main jet     #130         #130
          pilot jet      #50          # 50
      pilot air jet      #125         #125
      pilot screw      2 & 1/2      2 & 1/2
float valve seat      o2.0          o2.0

that's it for now...
            Ken  
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Lucky

Thanks!

BTW, as I mentioned in another old post, some of the 83 carb kits were made with the accel pump control diaphram assembled incorrectly (backwards) I contacted Keyster/Sirrus because I got a kit that had one, and they checked the remainder of their inventory, and found 5 other kits that had the mis-assembled diaphram, & pulled them, so the ones they have should be correct now.  this is what Jason was refering to as well. they replaced my kit for free.
--Lucky