News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Meet the "New and Improved YJ" - Urban Warrior

Started by YellowJacket!, April 26, 2009, 09:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowJacket!

OK, its time to get serious about my riding and my safety.  With two recent near misses with people driving and texting at the same time, I thought it appropriate to improve my chances of survival.  I took a break from studying for my finals and enlisted the help of one of my neighbors who is a fabricator and we came up with the new and improved YellowJacket....although camoflage is its new scheme.
Equipped with two miniguns capable of 6000 rounds per minute, I should be able to eliminate any threats within several hundred yards.  Heat seeking missiles will take care of the longer range threats and the armor is simply amazing.  Theres too many other classified goodies to tell you about but all the extra weight required the removal of the YICS and a massive upgrade to the engine.

Anyway, heres the official unveiling of the new YJ Roadwarrior:

Hope you all enjoy!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

funkamongus

I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!

Rick G

I'm impressed , it should take care of the idiots who who turn left in front you! :D :D :D :D
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

Kid Jedi

But the real question still remains: Are you running YICS?
;D
Loves to over think things.

Coil Coyle

Good job, Dave.

How did you drive the 400hz generator to drive the mini-guns?

With an SCR bridge, you could add welding cables.

;)
Coil

Walt_M.

It really needs a tailgun! Just ask kiawrench.
Whale oil beef hooked!

YellowJacket!

The miniguns borrow a little technology from the Navy's Phalanx system.  Any left turner is immediately viewed as a threat and the system kicks in automatically, thus eliminating the (relatively any size) threat.
Removed the seat to show how the ammo flows from the boxes.
Been thinking about getting a surplus turret off a discarded Humvee and adding it to a side car in order to take care of rear threats.  Agian, it will have a fully automated fire control system but can be easilly removed for a passenger.  ;-)

David

kiawrench

well, it looks like you may never get to ride her . sorry .
fella from homeland security was just here ,asking for your home addy, i gave him my first wife's instead. seems they want to "borrow " your bike for border duty /part time white house patrol. border duty to reduce number of illegal crossers ,,and white house duty to protect mrs obama's garden-- cant have her watermelon getting stolen while her hubby is spending our tax dollars like a lottery winner!!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

LOL, kia.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll move it from the garage to the barn.

Hows things out your way?  Cooling down a little I hope.

Next project is to add some larger saddle bags with an active defense system.

David

funkamongus

wheres the, ever important, forcefield generator? With all the "cages" trying to play "bumper cars" with us,, you'd think that would be first!! Offense, absolutely,, defense,, even MORE absolutely!!! a forcefield would be better than wrapping ones self in bubble wrap..
I own:

YellowJacket!

Well, that stuff is still pretty classified and I don't think the stator could handle the demands of it until KidJedi figures out how to make a nuclear powered stator...or at least one that will resist the nuclear fallout of our current electrical systems.

David

funkamongus

you're not being fair.. give him a couple more days..!! I joke... I like him, and I wish him well,, 20 dollars for a 140 dollar stator is pretty sweet in my book even if your hands ache for a few days after..
I own:

Rick G

A visionary , (I believe it might have been Grape Ape) rewound his own stator in 2002 or '03  . He had to do three, to get it right , but it worked.
I have the wire , but have  never gotten  serious enough to do it. There was extensive information on the forum , back in those years about rolling your own .
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

funkamongus

ooooh, I like the way that sounds!!!   When it happens to me, I'll probably buy a new one, then try to re-wrap the old one. Roll my own.. ooooh, I like it.
I own: