Newbie smells.....No YICS

Started by Back_in_the_Saddle, May 12, 2004, 06:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back_in_the_Saddle

I just noticed the YICS is not attached to my Vision. I'm sure this will create a problem if it was not done intentionally. Since I don't know if it was, could someone please tell me to what and where it attaches so I can fix it. I presume it will create a vacuum leak based on what the manual says it does. I just can't see where it goes in. Thanks again all.

Lucky

If you look at the right side of the carb, on the fuel pump you will see a threaded hole that is where the YICS bolts to. it has 2 hoses attached. if you look on the heads, inside the "V" below the carbs, on the outer edges, you'll see a 1/4" hose fitting on each head, this is where the hoses go.

I have a freshly resealed YICS with the hoses, plastic chrome cover & bolt you can have for $10 plus shipping. you'll have to change the hoses, because their collapsed (due to the strong vacuume they endure) but that will give you the length you need.

send me an email with your address & I'll give you the price with shipping.

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Back_in_the_Saddle

Thanks Lucky, again, you are the man. Let me ask you, does it make a difference in performance or can I just seal up the attachments. Your opinion is highly valued and appreciated!

Back_in_the_Saddle

Just one more thing. I checked out the bike per Lucky's instruction. What I see is a hose coming out of the fuel filter that runs to the front carb joint, I see the same type of "connector" coming out of the rear carb joint, it is capped. I noticed something I think is strange. There is a hole on the right side of the rear section of the engine. It appears to go all the way into the engine. Pardon my french but what the hell is that? Thanks again.

nvdranger

From my limited experience the bike run better with the YICS. ?You can run w/o it but someone said it ran 2-300 rpms higher w/the YICS. ?If yours is bad then the bikes rpms "hunts" and goes up and down through the rpm ranger.  The rubber piece that connects the carb to the rear cylinder is suppose to be capped. ?Just to the right of that is where there should be another hose to the YICS or I believe that hole your talking about. ?But it should be just a hole it should have something to connect a hose to. ?Then on the opposite side and the front cylinder there should be another hole or hose that connects to the YICS.  Oh and the hose fromt the front cylinder connects to the top connector on the YICS and the rear cylinder hose goes to the lower connector.

Hopefully this helps.
Ken
'82 Vision project.  First Vision, First Bike.
Sometimes monkeys die, Sometimes monkeys die.  It not a good saying, but its a saying.

Lucky

if your talking about a hole in the side of the cylinder, below, but straight down from the spark plug, that is a drain to let rain water, etc drain from around the spark plug.

h2olawyer

I've also heard that you blow compressed air into that hole before removing the spark plugs to keep particulate matter from entering the combustion chamber.

H2o
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Back_in_the_Saddle

thanks for the replies. If you look at this picture from the gallery, http://www.ghetti.net/rov/Gallery/vils005.jpg , you can see it on the rear half of the engine. I'll guess thats what it is since nothing is hooked up to it on all the pics in the gallery. thanks all. Lucky is gonna hook me up with a YICS so hopefully, next week is the week. Starter and YICS should at least get this baby started, then, who knows. We'll go from there. Maybe I'll get this baby runnin for my birthday week. 37, can't believe I made it, well, not yet. and yes, I said birthday week, one day is just not enough.

Lucky

I believe so, send me an email with your address & I'll send you a price with shipping.
--Lucky

Lucky

bunzibob, I sent you an email, but it bounced back, it's yours for $20, includes shipping, send me an email & i'll let you know where to send $$ if you want it.
--Lucky

Back_in_the_Saddle

Hey Lucky, Um I thought it was mine. I did send you a money order. Should be getting it in the next couple of days. Let me know if there is a problem.