News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Roomie needed! - Never Mind

Started by h2olawyer, May 11, 2009, 03:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Anyone headed to Kingman for the Vision Memorial Weekend ride - I'd be willing to split the cost of a room.  Super 8 runs about $55 a night.  I'll be there 2 nights, so the bill would be around $55 each.  Anyone interested?  I've been told I snore a little (rarely roof raising) if I end up sleeping on my back (which is rare).  Just a fair warning & not a terribly likely issue.  I'm looking into other motels as well.  If you don't mind spending a little more (nearly 2x), there are two Best Westerns as well as a Holiday Inn Express.

Either post here or fire off a PM / email to me & we can work out the details.  I'd be willing to split a Motel 6 room if that's your preference.  Not terribly picky as long as it's clean.  Just need a place to wind down & sleep.  Don't need any amenities or continental breakfasts.  Coffee in the room is nice, though.  Internet access would be nice as well, but not mission critical.

I am having second thoughts about making this ride at this time.  Took a 200 mile ride over about 6.5 hours today (including lunch, fuel & 'pit' stops).  It about wiped me out.  My concentration was shot after about 4 hours and my back is really sore now.  It just might be too early in the season for me to think about 6 straight days of long rides.  Later in the season, I'll be used to riding again, but as of now, I just haven't had enough seat time to be able to really click off the miles.  I'll make a final decision after another long ride early next week, but I'm thinking at this point discretion just might be the better part of valor.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.