News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Better Late Than Never!

Started by h2olawyer, May 14, 2009, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2olawyer

Well I finally got out for the first ride of 2009.  A friend (on his VFR800) and I started out from Ft. Collins at around 11AM this morning.  We dook a more or less direct route South, skirting to the West of Loveland, going through Longmont & Boulder and on into Golden, where we stopped for lunch.  About 80 miles and 1 3/4 hours.  We then headed West into the foothills, through Golden Gate Canyon State Park - a very fun road I'd never been on before.  Passed within a very short distance of Inane's house as we headed North through Nederland and on into Estes Park.  From there, we took the Devil's Gulch Road, meeting up with US 34 at Drake.  Went on down US 34 (Big Thompson Canyon) into Loveland and then straight North back into Ft. Collins.

We rode almost precisely 200 miles on the day and  took about 6 hours to make the loop - including lunch, fuel stops & a pit stop.  For a first ride, it was great!  However, I'm pretty wiped out now.  Was hard to maintain concentration the last 2 hours, but I never felt like I was anywhere near dangerous yet.  Glad the ride wasn't any longer, though!

Got good vibes from the tires  :)  Bike ran flawlessly  :)  Felt better than normal for a first seasonal ride  :)  Relatively short distance took a lot out of me  >:(  Need to make another long ride or two to make a final decision on the Kingman trip.   :-\

All in all, a GREAT day!   8)

H2O

(Anti Monkey Butt Powder works great.   :D )
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.