News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

12V fuel pump.

Started by vadasz1, May 25, 2009, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadasz1

I think I read and have heard about a few Visionaries who are running electric fuel pumps.  I found this fuel pump on the webpage of a local surplus supplier.  I think it will do fine for anyone wanting to do the conversion.  And not too bad a price at $79.99 CDN. (Unfortunately no Canadian beer is included)

http://www.princessauto.com/engines/fuel-lubricants/transfer-pumps/8144354-12v-in-line-fuel-pump?keyword=light
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

QBS

I think the Vnary in question was running one off of a junk yard R6 for a lot less money, maybe $15.00 to $20.00 USD.

Walt_M.

I have one from an injected R6 than I have been planning to install on my '83. I have installed one from a carbureted R1 on my TDM and it works great. They are readily available on ebay and QBS is right, should be able to get one for $15-20. If you have an '82, you probably need to get one from a carbureted bike.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Kenny

:)  That's a real Rarity as I see it has a "Made In Canada" sticker !! ;D ;D ;)
                    Cheers Ken S.
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

inanecathode

Any aftermarket low volume pump would work. I just put an electric pump in my vw, it was like 30 bucks, and it was the expensive one.
Just make sure you put a regulator in there, or make sure the pump is already regulated.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Walt_M.

The R1 unit I have on the TDM has a pressure shut-off switch. I turn the key on, it fills the float bowls and shuts off. Same setup as my old FZ, I recognized the tick-tick-tick sound as soon as I turned it on.
Whale oil beef hooked!