News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Tank holddown mod

Started by Jimustanguitar, June 05, 2009, 01:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimustanguitar

I've owned my vision for a whole week now, and have already had the fuel tank off about 4 times now. I was thinking of installing a little bit longer hold down bolt, but from the bottom so that it worked like a stud that the fuel tank fit over, and then using a wingnut to actually hold the tank down with. Assuming that the wingnut clears the seat when it closes, does anybody see any problem with doing this?

Any other ideas?

h2olawyer

The clearance issue is all I can see as a problem.  Another option is to drill a hole laterally through the bolt, thread it up from the bottom, slide a washer over the end & use a clevis pin.  You would get some vibration, but it would be a quick change.

For now, you could leave the bolt out until you get things sorted.  I normally don't need to remove the tank more than once or twice a season.  No big deal to use the bolt as designed when you aren't removing the tank every few days.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.