It's my second time now...

Started by Tanno, July 04, 2009, 02:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanno

Well, it's finally happened to me. My stator has finally given up. This will be my second replacement.

For those of you who don't know.... When I first found this site, I had my V for about 3 weeks and was looking for a fix for it not charging. Found it had a dead stator....I replaced it then.

That was 2 years ago. I've put many of miles on her... including the wonderful CAROV ride in Oct of '07, the tour around the front range with Kwells and Inanecathode.. (I still can't forget that off-road run from the Mine..lol), and the great ride that turned almost disasterous for a good friend of mine (he almost totaled his bike), and many other rides since.

Anyway...I'm just charging my V every night to get me to work and back. I can't order a new stator until after my wedding on the 14th of this month.

To all the noobs.....WELCOME to the GREATEST site on the net for anything V!!
Industrial Technician by trade -- Curiosity by nature, tinkerer by choice.
"Handle every situation like a dog would. If you can't eat it or screw it; Piss on it and walk away!" -- Unknown

funkamongus

Sorry you burnt out another... typical! Keep at it and good luck on your coming nuptials!!
I own:
1982 Maico 250 alpha 1... free
1982 Virago XV920J........ free
1982 Vision XZ550RJ....... 100.00
1972 BMW 75/5 W/toaster tank,  I babysit.
PICS ARE AT http://picasaweb.google.com/funkamongus20?feat=email
VIDS  www.youtube.com/funkamongus20
look me up on facebook. ride safe!!!